REKORDBOX 2.01 Now with Key Detection! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    The only gripe is that it isn't in Camelot keys But thus far, a great extra and free feature!
    Camelot Keys are okay I guess, though the actual note might get more interesting mix opportunities.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I'm sure there is a user field to can enter into. Maybe the best bet is to have pio create the keys then somehow export to excel and change to camelot? I don't know if there is really an easy to to convert it. Probably better off just learning the keys, and what works, good chance to get knowledgable with music anyways!

Is the key info saved back to Id3 tags in Rekordbox?
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

sebastiannz

I think this is the first time rekordbox has one-upped traktor on anything...yay. Hopefully it has that traffic light thingie built in too?

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Camelot Keys are okay I guess, though the actual note might get more interesting mix opportunities.
    This. I really don't understand why it's so hard for people to learn the circle of fifths.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    This. I really don't understand why it's so hard for people to learn the circle of fifths.
    and also whats the differance between knowing that Cm and Cm fit together or that 5A and 5A fit together.

I don't see how it could be any more interesting mix opertunities.you still be mixing by the same prinsibles even if it's Cm or 5A mixing in key wan't change because of the way you name the cords. 10 can als be 0a and 10 + 10 will always be 20 or 14 ( witch actualy is 20)
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

For those who for whatever reason still want the Camelot key and are running Windows, you can use MP3Tag to export the keys to a file, replace it and then import it back. It’s a very handy application. I am not sure, but must exist something similar for Mac users

Tech Mentor

how accurate is this key detection and is it good as Mixed In Key 5.0?

Quote Originally Posted by and_leite View Post
    For those who for whatever reason still want the Camelot key and are running Windows, you can use MP3Tag to export the keys to a file, replace it and then import it back. It’s a very handy application. I am not sure, but must exist something similar for Mac users
    I've set up an action in mp3tag that automatically converts all of the keys that get written by rapid evolution to camelot keys. Then I can just load my tracks into mp3tag, start the action and wait for them all to be converted!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Hmmmm... It crashed...
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast