Serato DJ Intro Hack ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Serato DJ Intro Hack ?

So apparently Serato DJ Intro software is free but will only work with selected authorized MIDI controllers.

Do you guys think this can be hacked to open up some free software for use with older controllers?

This would be nice for beginners that purchase a used controller that comes with outdated software.

It will teach them about MIDI mapping and it's good to know how to play on multiple software platforms.

I use Traktor on my PC. I have only used Serato a few times and I would love to practice some more.

In fact, I am playing a house party this weekend an\d my friend has a 2 CDJ 900 with Serato setup. I wish I could just show up with a USB stick, but I don't feel 100% comfortable with Serato.

>

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    So apparently Serato DJ Intro software is free but will only work with selected authorized MIDI controllers.

Do you guys think this can be hacked to open up some free software for use with older controllers?

This would be nice for beginners that purchase a used controller that comes with outdated software.

It will teach them about MIDI mapping and it's good to know how to play on multiple software platforms.

I use Traktor on my PC. I have only used Serato a few times and I would love to practice some more.

In fact, I am playing a house party this weekend an\d my friend has a 2 CDJ 900 with Serato setup. I wish I could just show up with a USB stick, but I don't feel 100% comfortable with Serato.
    >
    All of Serato's software is free. It might be worth trying to hack unsupported controllers into Serato Itch, but nobody's going to waste time hacking Serato Intro.

And do you feel comfortable with CDJs....? You could just bring a USB stick of music and not use serato....

Nobody is going to hack that..
    And to be honest, I don't quite understand what your problem is..
    Why not use Rekordbox and bring an USB stick to rock the party? Why would you want to hack some software and bring a laptop with you that could possibly get damaged?

Rekordbox is ridiculously easy and great to work with.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Guru

>
    Trial by fire. If you've never done it, you're not a DJ (kidding). Luckily it's a house party so nobody will know if you are screwing up too bad.

Here's what you'll do.

Get an idea of a setlist or collection of songs you want to play
    Download SSL for free
    Get a feel for the workflow and learn your way around the software
    Analyze your tracks
    Play your tracks in the single deck to drop cue points
    Save and export your SSL library to a usb drive

Go rock that party.

Get over the idea of hacking Serato. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    Nobody is going to hack that..
    And to be honest, I don't quite understand what your problem is..
    Why not use Rekordbox and bring an USB stick to rock the party? Why would you want to hack some software and bring a laptop with you that could possibly get damaged?

Rekordbox is ridiculously easy and great to work with.
    I made an error. I am not 100% up to date with the Pioneer hardware. My friend has two Pioneer CDJ-200's. So no USB support on the players.

He just uses them to control Serato with time-control discs.

>

So I can use SSL for free? Just download it and use it? I didn't know that

thanks. I will try that.

BTW I learned to mix on vinyl with 1200's and carried vinyl crates for 8 years, so the beatmatching won't be an issue. Although I use SYNC all day long with Traktor

>

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

So I can use SSL for free? Just download it and use it? I didn't know that
    As long as you have a Serato sound card.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Not exactly...

You can download and run SSL for free but without a sound card (like an SSL box or Rane certified SSL mixer) you're limited to one deck. This gives you the chance to build crates, analyze any track, and store cue points. It's kind of like Rekordbox for Serato. You unlock full functionality when you hook up one of those cards.

I had to do this about a month ago when I got asked to play a bar with house gear. It was shaky at first but if you know Traktor you'll get the hang of it.

better than nothing. thanks.

>

now I'm confused. I've seen my friend DJ with a laptop and Serato. no hardware. how does he do this?

>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast