Thanks DJTT Forum Community, I finally got my foot in the door!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thanks DJTT Forum Community, I finally got my foot in the door!!!

Well recently, My life as been in well what some would consider an whirlwind. Things were goin bad. Job wasnt makin me enough money, my laptop crashed and i lost the majority of my music along with my custom mapping for my controller. The military was what i thought my only option, so i simply talked to a recruiter about the U.S. Air force (made no commitments though). Left the recruiters office and checked my phone and i had missed call from a radio dj, I had met at an event the past week called "Whompy Wednesdays", in which we chatted and exchanged information since I was a dj as well. He had listened to my mix and was completely interested in sponsoring me, in which he was holding an event called "Backyard Fest". The event itself i would not be involved in but it turns out since my style is so all over the place (every genre style etc.) i would be djin the after party. Thinking I was gonna be an opener or even better the headliner i was very excited. A fellow buddy(dj, producer) i had met at "Whompy Wednesday" as well, messaged me on fb and mentioned he heard that i was djin the after party all night. So i first contacted the radio dj and confirmed the idea which was completely true!!! Not only was i djin the after party but im gonna be DJING ALL NIGHT!!! This is huge because the event itself is gonna have about 150 people so im guessin if not half then more will join the after party!!

Yesterday on way home from the city, I received a missed call from DJ BLU(the radio dj). So of course i called him back. He mentioned something about djin this coming thursday, confused because well i thought the event i was djing was next weekend. I questioned him and it turns out he was simply asking me if wanted to do an additional gig with him this thursday so of course, I agreed. He mentioned he would get the details to me today because that is when he was talking to the owner. Today, I called him back to see about the timing since i have to work thursday morning. He answered and mentioned he was on the radio at the moment so he couldnt talk long but he had rescheduled since he had a radio session going on. He said he was gonna talk to the guy tomorrow and text me so I let him no i was gonna tune in, give it a listen, and let him go since he was obviously busy. He then said he would give me a shout out, and followed up with 2 questions the first one asking "What are you doing next tuesday?" and i said "nothing why whats up?". He replied "Well how would you like your first radio interview?". And there ya go people!!!!

So my life was going fairly terrible within a matter of 2 days I have 2 big ass gigs coming up and my first radio interview. (Mind you this is very serial for me since well i never get breaks like this EVER!!!)

Thanks for reading
    27wonka

P.S. the only reason i went on this in-depth explanation of events in my life is because well DJTT and the DJTT Forum community have had alot to do with the growth of what kind of DJ I am and most importantly what kind of person I am and have become.

Moral of the story: THIS CAN BE YOU. Im an ordinary guy who never gets breaks but im persistant, keep on giving it my all, and things finally started to unfold for me, my career, and my life. Support your scene. Meet new people and be social. No one ever got where they were by not talking to random people. When you go out for a cig or extra curricular smoking activity spark up a conversation. Thats exactly how i got were i am today!!! DONT GIVE UP!!

Congrats! And break a leg.

Tech Guru

good work dude! hope all goes well
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Good luck man!

Well done!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Well done! Congratulations are definitely in order.

But now it's time to work your ass off. Go get 'em, tiger.

Report back to us with detail + pics after your gigs!!!

That's a great tale chap. Hope it all goes well. Don't drink too much and practice, practice, practice before the night.
    Good luck.

Tech Mentor

Congrats!

Update: Gig is actually tonight. It wasnt last night there was a mix up on days which is totally fine because well everyone knows fridays are better than thursday all around!! I spin from 10 - 1130 /headliner comes on. Will be taking a ton of pics and record my mix as well. Thanks for the support!!!

27wonka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast