Your thoughts on this deal
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Your thoughts on this deal

Evening all,

So I'm currently using the Kontrol S4 but am now looking to get CD decks.

I've found someone who is selling a pair of CDJ 900s and a DJM 600 for £1500....possibly more depending on how much it will cost to post them....

Anyway, I know the 900s are a great piece of kit and it was between these or the 2000s for me but I'm not too sure on the mixer, how good is it?

Thoughts on the overall price? I realise it probably is a no-brainer but there is no harm in double checking.

Thanks

The mixer is alright. Its a bit dated personally. Ask without the mixer and see what prices he will give. Then go 100 lower

Tech Wizard

First of all have you play with it?
    That's the first thing you need to do, get your hands on the hardware and if you really like it buy it.
    You have the money for it and ur mind set on it, get it.
    Anyone can tell you the good and bad so u make the final choice...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ~MMiMER View Post
    First of all have you play with it?
    That's the first thing you need to do, get your hands on the hardware and if you really like it buy it.
    You have the money for it and ur mind set on it, get it.
    Anyone can tell you the good and bad so u make the final choice...
    No and I won't get the chance to test it as the guy is over 300 miles away from me. I have emailed to ask about a price for just the CDJs so I might just go down that route and get a new mixer....

Yeah personally thats a bit expenisive to me. I mean I've seen pairs going for about 1800 USD, the mixer is not worth an extra 600 bucks. You can get a djm 800 for the price imo. Maybe prices are different across the pond.

From my research most used 900s are going for around £700, I'm hoping to pick up a good bargain once the nexus is released, might just put this guy on hold to see what happens.

Also, I might just buy from new and try and haggle my way to a good deal as buying a whole set up could work in my favour anyway...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DeanOakley View Post
    From my research most used 900s are going for around £700, I'm hoping to pick up a good bargain once the nexus is released, might just put this guy on hold to see what happens.
    I'm not sure if Pioneer will ship overseas, but they offer refurbed CDJ900's for $839 (£520)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...00+Refurbished

Quote Originally Posted by 0.0 View Post
    I'm not sure if Pioneer will ship overseas, but they offer refurbed CDJ900's for $839 (£520)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...00+Refurbished
    Nice idea in theory but could cost more in the long run, it's a shame they don't offer the same service in the UK.

Tech Wizard

Didn't know u were looking at something that far. Question do u have a DJ store near by? Then you'll out of luck viewing video and product reviews is your best bet. Have you join the forum for that product ask around there and use ur judgement from there.
    Like someone say if it outdated and it cost that much you're better off buying a new product who know how much longer that item will last if you buy used item....

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    Maybe prices are different across the pond.
    They certainly are, we Europeans pay considerably higher prices for equipment (I always start drooling when I see the US prices).
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast