Sync iTunes Playlist to Traktor automatically
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sync iTunes Playlist to Traktor automatically

I need to sync some playlists automaticly to Traktor.

Thanks in advance

Doesn't it already do this? Just open up the Itunes node in the traktor browser, and all the playlists should be there.

If you want to automatically import the playlists from the itunes node into traktor (so that they show under the traktor playlists node) Then as far as i know you cant. You have to do it manually (which is the way I do it).
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Thanks for your response. Can you explain the manual way.

Tech Mentor

Create the playlist in Traktor, then drag the tracks from the iTunes playlist. Voila! I have the do this all the time...it's a pain.

I'm hoping Traktor releases an update in the near future that allows for full iTunes integration.

Or just right click on the playlist in the itunes node and click import playlist. No creating of the playlist needed!

I have no idea if this would already update an existing playlist of the same name though, i always delete the playlist in the traktor playlist node before importing the itunes playlist.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Or just right click on the playlist in the itunes node and click import playlist. No creating of the playlist needed!

I have no idea if this would already update an existing playlist of the same name though, i always delete the playlist in the traktor playlist node before importing the itunes playlist.
    Ahhh yes, forgot about this.

I don't understand why Traktor can't just mirror iTunes. I would LOVE to see that upgrade.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You have to update the playlist in traktor each time it changes in iTunes. Except for the iTunes node it will not stay in sync in Traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

This is one of the things that I really hope they update in the future. I can't fathom why Traktor has all of the integration with iTunes but makes you manually import iTunes & any iTunes playlists every time. If you just browse the playlist in the "iTunes" section of Traktor it's sketchy about displaying\reading the BPM, Grid, etc.

So you right click it, import into Traktor playlists etc, which is fine and dandy until you have to update it. Then Traktor wants to overwrite it or create a copy, instead of just updating the list.

I have become ruthless about rating, genre-ing, using the comments section, etc. when something goes into iTunes. This little bit of upfront work automatically populates a bunch of smart playlists I have set up for everything from genre to key to mood (BANGER, GROOVY, FUNKY, SYNTH, BEATS, etc.). Of course this work is largely wasted as there's no way I'm going to manually delete then update umpteen playlists every time I open Traktor. As a result I find myself sorting by import date in Traktor more than anything (which presents a new problem since 2.5 and my F1, that being hundreds and hundreds of loops scattered throughout my "normal" tracks when I'm browsing. They REALLY need a switch now to disable display of loops and one-shots in the browser).

Just seems like they could easily configure Traktor to sync\import iTunes data automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Lukas1 View Post
    I would LOVE to see that upgrade.
    Me too

Or just use the iTunes playlist directly in the Traktor browser under the iTunes folder, no need to copy it over as a Traktor playlist. Problem solved.

I think the only reason someone needs to copy over the playlist is if they have multiple iTunes collections or they want to have a custom modified Traktor playlist based on the iTunes one.

Note that this is a one-way street, Traktor will not modify iTunes playlists and that is good as I don't want other apps to mess around with the iTunes database.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast