Improve Jog resolution/scratch sound.

Default Improve Jog resolution/scratch sound.

So I was just messing with my S2 in MIDI mode and came across a mapping trick that sounds MUCH better than just a Jog Turn map for you jog wheels to get a better sounding scratch.

Here are the following things to add

Deck Common > Move > Size Selector > Direct > Ultra Fine

Deck Common > Move > Move
    +Encoder/Reletive
    +25% sensitivity
    +0% Accel.

Now go to your existing Jog Turn command and adjust to the following
    +Encoder/Relative
    +75% Sensitivity
    +9% Accel.

This sounds VERY close to my S2 in NHL mode and should help you suffering VCI-400 users.
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Abide View Post
    So I was just messing with my S2 in MIDI mode and came across a mapping trick that sounds MUCH better than just a Jog Turn map for you jog wheels to get a better sounding scratch.

Here are the following things to add

Deck Common > Move > Size Selector > Direct > Ultra Fine

Deck Common > Move > Move
    +Encoder/Reletive
    +25% sensitivity
    +0% Accel.

Now go to your existing Jog Turn command and adjust to the following
    +Encoder/Relative
    +75% Sensitivity
    +9% Accel.

This sounds VERY close to my S2 in NHL mode and should help you suffering VCI-400 users.
    can you actually be more specific of where to find the ***deck common** parts? cuz i cant find it....it is in preferrence menu? is it a mapping add on?

ok so **deck common** is in the add in menu *after seraching the internet*....but for some reason....it is not in my add in menu.

http://www.traktorbible.com/articles...mix-decks.aspx

help

You must be running an older version of Traktor. The "Deck Common" is 2.5 and later. Doesn't matter though, just find Jog Turn it should be in one of the first few tabs or you can alphabetize your commands and find Jog Turn quite easily.
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

ahhh i see, i am on 2.2 right now, afraid of upgrading to 2.5 cuz of the horrible overall reviews.

Yes, the command "Jog Turn" is easy to find, however i don't use that command to scratch, i use "Scratch" command.

so i did what you said to my "Scratch" command, and it moves it sooooo fast, where it sounds like your fast forward a track in your regular sony cd walkman. lol

Tech Convert

I would think that was waay too fast for vci-400, infact I have mines set to 21 sensitivity w 0% acceleration and it seems slightly too fast atm, about 18 feels like serato intro