S2 Timecode + Audio 6 Headphone Cue
    Tech Mentor

Default S2 Timecode + Audio 6 Headphone Cue

I've got my 1200's connected through Traktor with an A6, using an S2 as a midi mixer. Everything's working fine, but I can't seem to get the headphone cue working. I have my turntables plugged into the 3/4 and 5/6 inputs on the A6, with the 1/2 main outs going to my monitors. The S2's only connected to the computer via USB. My headphones are plugged into the headphone jack on the A6 but the only thing I can get out of them is the main out. I don't have cue or headphone output settings in Traktor, just "Output Monitor" "Output Master" and "Output Record".

Any ideas? I know some of you have the same setup.

Tech Guru

make sure the headphone output A6 is set to output monitor and you select the channel to be cued on the S2.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    make sure the headphone output A6 is set to output monitor and you select the channel to be cued on the S2.

I don't seem to have the A6's headphone out as a routing option in Traktor. Just Main L/R, Channel A L/R and Channel B L/R.

Tech Guru

post a screenshot

Tech Mentor

Here's a screenshot of my output settings:

http://i.imgur.com/HW649.jpg?1

Tech Guru

the headphone out is shared with the main out on the A6 by the looks of things. You might have to select one of the other outputs as your speaker output (ie channel 1 or 2 output) and keep the main output as your headphone out (be better because of the volume control)

Tech Mentor

Making progress. When I set the monitor out to main left and main right my headphone cue works fine, but I only get sound from my monitors when I have a track cued. Does that make sense?

I really appreciate the help by the way. This is bothering the hell outta me and I just can't wrap my head around it.

Tech Guru

yes. you will need to attach your monitors to channel A or B rca output and select one of these outputs as your main out.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    yes. you will need to attach your monitors to channel A or B rca output and select one of these outputs as your main out.
    Looks like everything's working. I can't thank you enough - you've saved me a lot of frustration.

Tech Guru

no worries