Laptop and S2

Thread: Laptop and S2

Tech Convert

Default Laptop and S2

I really want to go to my local store tomorrow and buy the kontrol s2 controller as I am only a beginner. The only thing stopping me is all the problems people have with windows 7. I have a sony vaio e series, i3, 4gb ram etc about 2 and a half years old. I've just done a fresh install of windows 7 and deleted all the sony bloatware etc. What's the likelyhood I'll have sound issues?

I've noted from reading some posts on here I should turn my wifi off and disable the wifi driver.

I really want to go and buy it tomorrow but this is bugging me

Tech Guru

Just do it and see? Someone might tell you everything will be fine which is what you want to hear, then something isn't fine. You'll never know unless you go for it.

You have a pretty low grade computer for djing.. you normally want an i5 processor and at least 6gb of ram.

It will probably still work alright but expect a new laptop purchase in your future.

^not so much.
    The laptop i have Traktor 2.5 on is core2duo with 2 gigs of ram. Runs like a dream.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    ^not so much.
    The laptop i have Traktor 2.5 on is core2duo with 2 gigs of ram. Runs like a dream.
    x2 but i don't have much room left

if your nearby store has a demo model out you can try it out for yourself. every guitar center ive been to has one on the floor, but i'm not sure where you are.

if you haven't check out this optimization article from djtt:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

then download the traktor 2.5 demo:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...617e&page=1975

if it doesn't prompt you to install any drivers for the s2 you can get them here:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/in...reeupdates&L=1

you can then bring your laptop to the store and test out the s2 to see how well your system handles it. i was going to do that with an s4 until i decided on a vci400 ege. my guess would be that you will more than likely be fine if you spend a little time optimizing your system.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

I'll give the store a ring this morning and see if they'll let me do that, hopefully they will! Thanks for the links as well

that system will be fine, i ran an S2 on a much lower spec machine with windows 7. it was when i upgraded to the S4 i had issues so moved to a macbook

Tech Convert

I am the proud owner of one finally. Took my laptop to the shop and plugged it in and it worked perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    if you haven't check out this optimization article from djtt:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/
    Game Booster does the same thing, without having to change the script yourself.

Its what I have been using to get rid of all the stupid windows programs that are always running