playin out for the first time tonight.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default playin out for the first time tonight.

Im playing a local bar with my friend tonight. Hopefully it all goes good. I am using a hybrid setup of CD players, my DN-x1700 and Traktor on the side. Hopefully it all goes well.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    Im playing a local bar with my friend tonight. Hopefully it all goes good. I am using a hybrid setup of CD players, my DN-x1700 and Traktor on the side. Hopefully it all goes well.
    Good luck and if something goes wrong just think fuck it and carry on. If the set is over a couple of hours dont drink too much and drink maybe a couple to calm your nerves then hit the water. you will be knakard after ur 1st gig out.

My number one bit of advice something that I wish I was told for my 1st gig.

Try to relax and enjoy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    Good luck and if something goes wrong just think fuck it and carry on. If the set is over a couple of hours dont drink too much and drink maybe a couple to calm your nerves then hit the water. you will be knakard after ur 1st gig out.

this

Tech Student

GOOD LUCK!!! thats awesome!!! so exciting

Tech Mentor

Thanks guys, I am pretty calm right now, after all it is only drunk people. I have a 2 hour set time, followed by my friend's 2 hour set time

PRO TIP: if your girl shows up score free drinks for her

lol and as the others said don't drink too much and ignore the mistakes... just have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post

this ^ and watch your volume. Walk out into the crowd and listen after about 30 minutes into your set. Sometimes it's difficult to hear the sound levels from the DJ booth. Warm up the crowd and bring the volume up with them. If it gets packed, you still have some headroom and you won't be cranking distortion.

>

Tech Mentor

The night sucked. No one showed up ( like 15 people) poor planning by the bar. They put us upstairs, but no knew how to get up there. And no one really knew the bar had an upstairs. after 2 hours the bar manager just told me i could stop if i wanted to. So i did and accepted $150. (I was pretty pleased considering it was pretty much practice.)

^^^ sorry to hear, i had a gig two days ago and the DJ that opened for me had like 4 people max enjoying his set, although he was on from 9pm 1030pm and i dont think anyone shows up til around 1130pm. he was kinda disgruntled but in the end, he ended up grooving to the rest of my crowd when we packed the dancefloor like wild beasts and raged!!! There have been many a time where i myself have played in front of crowds that are less than 30 people and it's weird, but now i just take the opportunity to play a really obscure set and practice my live transitions

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    The night sucked. No one showed up ( like 15 people) poor planning by the bar. They put us upstairs, but no knew how to get up there. And no one really knew the bar had an upstairs. after 2 hours the bar manager just told me i could stop if i wanted to. So i did and accepted $150. (I was pretty pleased considering it was pretty much practice.)

It happens, not your fault, at least you got to play out, got the first gig out of the way and possibly made a contact for the future and you put $150 in your pocket that you didn't have before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast