XArcade Dual Joystick as Traktor Pro Controller?
    Tech Wizard

Default XArcade Dual Joystick as Traktor Pro Controller?

Hi! I've read through a lot of content on this site, watched a couple of videos on Youtube featuring the Vestax VCI 100 SE controller and Traktor Pro and read about the VCI 100 arcade mod, too.

While I'd fancy one of those VCI 100 SE myself, I cannot afford one at the moment. But I have a XArcade Dual Joystick at home ( see http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.shtml ). While it is quite huge, it's also very sturdy. In a nutshell, it emulates a regular PC keyboard, sending keys like the cursor keys, space, ESC, ctrl, etc.

Anyone done a mapping for Traktor Pro yet?

Thanks, Rene
    Last edited by rkiesler; 06-22-2009 at 04:45 PM.

I like it. It has a lot of potential, and if you add something like a korg nanokontrol you would have all kinds of features at your fingertips.

You need to use a program like GlovePie to convert the messages into midi messges - but it is very doable. Not sure if anyone has made a mapping though.

Tech Wizard

Hi guys, I tried it today (been waiting till I have my MIDI controller) and it works really well. :-) One can beat-juggle with these arcade-buttons much better than with the drum pads of the Novation 25SL MkII (which is nice, too).

And it's really easy, as the X-Arcade basically sends the same kind of data my USB keyboard does. I'll post a mapping to the MIDI mapping forum in a couple of hours. 28 arcade buttons (including the 2 joysticks which work like 4 buttons each), just waiting to be pressed.

No need for special software, the Traktor keyboard mapping page is all you need.

Tech Wizard

I've posted my X-Arcade mapping:

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7367

Enjoy!