Help finding good dj speakers upgrade!
    Tech Mentor

Default Help finding good dj speakers upgrade!

Hey all I currently have a pair of Numark NMP5 speakers, for my dj setup, But these little guys (5" woofer 1" tweeter) dont seem to be able to handle much abuse when it comes to high volumes (i've had them for less then a year and i'm already getting that buzzing, 'youve pushed the amplifier to hard sound' with deep bass kicks etc). So i'm looking to upgrade. My budget is under $250 and im looking for a pair of speakers that are meant to play high volumes and take some abuse! Thanks

*edit sorry i forgot to mention by high volumes i meant ability to rock a house party (so larger woofer's then the nmp5s currently have ). I'd like to use them at home at out if i need to
    Last edited by smoez; 09-16-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smoez View Post
    Hey all I currently have a pair of Numark NMP5 speakers, for my dj setup, But these little guys (5" woofer 1" tweeter) dont seem to be able to handle much abuse when it comes to high volumes (i've had them for less then a year and i'm already getting that buzzing, 'youve pushed the amplifier to hard sound' with deep bass kicks etc). So i'm looking to upgrade. My budget is under $250 and im looking for a pair of speakers that are meant to play high volumes and take some abuse! Thanks
    check out the alesis m1 active mk2 ... http://www.alesis.com/m1activemkii

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Mentor

I was actually hoping for a bit more of an upgrade from 5" woôfers maybe to the range of 8" and higher 6.5 isn't much bigger than what I have now but I will definitely consider those

Tech Mentor

bump?