DJs, read, and help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default DJs, read, and help!

1) I have my first gig in a few weeks in a pretty legit club in NYC. Whats it looking like for me using the S4?

2) Do i need to buy all the music i'm looking to play? beatport?
    funds looking kinda low...

Hit me up.
    J

Hmm, a gig at an NYC club and you don't even have legit music as a DJ.... I guess this is the new world....
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Hmm, a gig at an NYC club and you don't even have legit music as a DJ.... I guess this is the new world....
    Seriously.

nobody will check if your tunes are legal or not. on the other hand these days even if you are on a tight budget it is so f*ckin easy to get free music without stealing. iīm not a known dj but somehow i managed to connect to a lot producers etc. and today i get like 200-300 tracks sent in every week. some of them are good and some not. also soundcloud has so much to offer!
    try to avoid playing music you havenīt purchased and start connecting and shit!

i donīt know about the club but if you are going to be playing there you should check this place out before arriving there for the first time to see if there is space for your s4 or whatever.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

How does one get a gig at a "legit" club and asks questions like this....especially in NYC?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by C.Lukas1 View Post
    How does one get a gig at a "legit" club and asks questions like this....especially in NYC?
    Seriously.

sounds like a pretty normal question to me, just be sure to buy the track's once you have the money. And i'm dealing with the S4 issue too, i would say to just ask them.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Mentor

I just found the question odd. When I hear "legit" club I think Marquee, Lavo, Kiss & Fly, Cielo, etc.

I have nothing against using an S4, but you won't find many (if any) DJs using a controller at places like that.

once has to be the first time.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Guru

1.) You're going to have to ask the legit club's owner if he/she will allow a controller--then comes the question of space in the booth
    2.) You should buy the music you play unless you are so big that you get Promo CDs. This also ensures quality is on par with a legit club's sound system

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast