midi fighter classic or 3d ?
    Tech Convert

Default midi fighter classic or 3d ?

I am fairly new to dj ing and can't decide over midi fighter classic for 180 dollars or 3d for 280. I have had a launchpad in the past and found it very difficult to use with ableton so I am wondering if the 3d will be a challenge. Thank you.

i can't really answer as i've never used a midi figher, but i just have to say...the pretty lights win my vote. i guess it just depends on if you want the added functionality of the pretty colors, the buttons on the sides, and the motion triggers and decide if that's worth an extra $100. for me the answer to that question is yes, and if djtt ever puts the 3ds on sale or i can find a used one for a good deal, i will probably buy one.

if you found a launchpad difficult to use with ableton i don't think this will be any easier. the launchpad was made specifically for ableton...
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

I just couldn't figure out how to use able ton and set it up with the launchpad nobody really tells u how and I am only 13 so i'm helpless.

Tech Wizard

I bought two second hand midifighers for $150, and it was probably the best find I've ever come across on Gumtree (equivalent of craigslist i think?).

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polobum3 View Post
    I just couldn't figure out how to use able ton and set it up with the launchpad nobody really tells u how and I am only 13 so i'm helpless.
    Watched some YT tutorials?