Launchpad help please
    Tech Convert

Default Launchpad help please

I have a launchpad and can't figure out how ableton works with it. Can i please get a link or some for of help

Thanks.

Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Tech Convert

I have seen that video over 20 times I plug my launchpad in once i'm done and it just flashes lights nothing happens nor do I know how to use ableton

Then you need a lot more help than one video. Google is your friend in this case.
    TSP2 | Kontrol S4 | Pioneer DJM-800 | 2 Kontrol X1s | Kontrol F1 | Maschine | 2 Technics 1210 MK5s
    Other Cool Stuff: Serato | Dicers | Ableton Live | Launchpad | Ortofon S-120s | Ortofron Nightclubs / Headshell Mounted
    My Control Vinyl Collection: Picasa Album | Facebook Album 1 | Facebook Album 2

http://www.ableton.com/getting-started

you can also run the built in ableton tutorials within the program. do a google search of ableton tutorials and watch a bunch of videos.

tom cosm also has a bunch of tutorials you can check out: http://www.cosm.co.nz/
    Last edited by padi_04; 09-19-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: merge
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

also, how are you trying to use the launchpad? are you trying to trigger clips in more of a dj style? or are you trying to use it to make your own beats? playing it as a drum machine isn't really going to be it's strong point, though i'm sure you could use it for that if your fingers are small and accurate enough. it's mainly made to trigger clips (even on a tight quantization) and control whatever parameters you have in mind.

if you want to trigger clips, you will have to watch videos about editing songs, warping, and quantization settings.

if you want to make your own beats, you will have to watch videos about programming drum racks and mapping the launchpad properly if you want to tap them out on that. you could also make your own beats via midi, sampling, external recording, etc, and trigger the individual clips with the launchpad as well. good luck to you...there is a lot to learn.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

http://www.dubspot.com/ableton3030/

try this out too.

forget about your launchpad for the moment, if you have no idea how to use ableton, then of course the lpad is going to seem confusing. If you get all the way through this course and you still can't make heads or tails of the lpad, then we'll worry about the hardware issue.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Tech Mentor

if you plug it in and all it makes is light circles and no functionality its because the launchpad is in demo mode. if you are on windows try installing the latest drivers or plug it into a different usb port or use a different usb cable. hope that helps

Dont forget the launchpad also requires a driver to function,without it u r urinating into the breeze
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu