Mad Zach Live/Studio remix competition - The thread. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Very very nice^

I find with things like this the electrohouse tracks are always going to win, not too sure why.

Hello everyone

I've finished my remix, which was was more than a lightning of inspiration... There're elements of trap, dubstep, electro rave and maybe even complextro fused together. My only problem was getting mixing and mastering done as apart from my DAW, I only own pair of cheap cans. So winning Rokit 6 would be nice but I know, that competition will get rather huge and quality mixes are yet to come... Not that there aren't any good right now (shout out to Xenith & GXVM - your works are amazing).

So here it is - my version of Lazer Bay

ps. I hope my english wasn't too confusing, cause I'm latvian
    Last edited by HennoLV; 10-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BelgianJungleSound View Post

Here's my entry. Definitely not going to win, but i got some good practice, so I didn't waste my time.

Thought I might as well provide some constructive criticism for some of these songs, so here goes.

Alchemy 1/polybius: I really like how imaginative you were with the samples provided, like with that hoover in the background at 1:38. Usually I don't like progressive tracks, but you mixed it up enough to keep me interested. Sound wise, that kick sounded a bit weak, the pad sometimes "swallowed" it up. Other that, nice.

CNK / Griphity: The intro got boring quite quickly for me, and the part where the half step drums stopped and the pad continued on by itself felt a bit sudden. When it "dropped" though, your song sounded much better. The pad drowned out your kick and your snare a bit, and the song went on for longer than necessary, but apart from that it was good.

Travis Trax: Can't find much fault with this, although I felt that the kick was drowned out by the bass a bit, although that might be a matter of preference.

GXVM: Not even going to bother, pretty much perfect :P

EDIT: Bloody hell, my song sounds shit in comparison with everything else. I knew it was bad, but I hadn't realised how bad until now.
    thanks for the review mate! really apreaciate it! im listening yours right now. like the fact that you tried a different style with the jungle drum n bass stuff

Don't know if you saw my threat on soundcloud but I repost in case you didn't see it. This is not a criticism but more of an advice for the future prods...

"Guys! I've been listening through most of the prod everyone made and there's a lot of good stuff. But if I could make a general comment: Plz stop with this bludy stoopid banal intro with the melancholic detune synth more or less chopped were you had some lil sounds like drops of rain or so ect... Not every one is doig so but when i listen to the songs quite absent mindlessly i have the impression to hear always the same intro. A bit of originality!!! I know you have it in you so take the livin shit out of your minds!!!! I have faith in you!
    Remember: most of your tracks are awsome! just be original!!!
    Gl & HF
    Peace!

by the way when i talk about detune synth I had the pads in mind.... "

and I may had: BelgianJungleSound your track is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, calm down a bit man

Hihi I'm perfectly calm just wanted to hit a bit hard so that you guys do more! I no you have this in you

I don't think telling people to avoid a whole style of intro is the right way to go about it, a talented person can blow shit out of the water whatever the style of intro

That's right. though if everybody makes approximatively the same intro i think it's a bit sad that's all

Tech Student

My Contribution to the DJTT Studio Remix Contest!
    Enjoy!
    http://soundcloud.com/ioka/mad-zach-...bay-ioka-remix

Tomorrow they announce the winners right?
    Cant wait!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast