Crate Organization
    Tech Mentor

Default Crate Organization

Not sure if this has been previously discussed but I am just interested on how everyone have their crates structured.

Disorganised chaos!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

At the moment I've got my collection organised like this:

Complete Albums
    - Genre

Singles
    - Genre
    -- Key

Mixes
    - Genre

Unsorted / Incoming
    - Genre

So basically the tunes that I use for Dj'ing are organised first by genre/subgenre then by key (use Mixed In Key for this). This was okay for my collection at first because it wasn't too big. To find a tune I use Traktor search, iTunes search or Locate32 (from within Windows Explorer - ESSENTIAL program imo). But I've got so many new tunes since I first started this system that I'm gonna have to change things pretty drastically, soon'ish...

I'm thinking about organising my collection by 'vibe' / 'feeling' at some point in the future. The trouble is that it's almost impossible to organise music by genre/subgenre as so many tunes crossover in style. Gah, I wish Windows had a database file system... would be so handy to be able to 'tag' files from within Windows so that it wouldn't matter where you stored them.
    Last edited by MiL0; 06-24-2009 at 06:00 AM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

MADNESS!

I kinda just roam around my collection for now, need to do other stuff before the collection gets organized.

But it forces me to play lots of different stuff, cause I usually just sort by BPM and go
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall