Audio 2 is driving me crazy!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Audio 2 is driving me crazy!!!

Hi. At first, sorry for my language, that's not my native language. I wasn't sure, where should i place this thread. sorry.

Okay. Yesterday, i bought Kontrol F1 and Audio 2.

On EVERY pc i tried, i have the same problems: "Crackle" sound, and dropouts. i tried everything: every available drivers i've found, changing latency, changing USB Buffer size, ASIO4ALL drivers, Disable WIFI nad every unnesessery software. EVERYTHIING. i even go back to the shop where i bought AUDIO 2. They connect to my lpatop other AUDIO 2 device, but that doesn't solve problem.

My PC's: Dell Latitude (C2D 1.83 Ghz, 2 gb ram, Win XP SP3 (i download SP3 today)

Thinkpad t42 (Pentium m1.7 ghz, 768 mb ram, WIN XP)

Asus (i don't know the model) Sempron 2.23 Ghz, 4 GB ram, WIn 7.

Important thing is, that the Thinkpad runs Audio 2 and TP2.5 quite well. there were only few "sound cracks".

But on the others computers, dropouts and audio distortion were killing me.

I write to NI, i'm waiting for respond.

Ps. I'm really sorry for my english, i know it's terrible. Probably, when you're reading it, you have lot of fun lol.

Ps 2. it's so unfair, i live in Poland and we don't have any Offical NI helpline. i can count only on you, guys. and girls.

Tech Convert

I've had similar problems with Traktor Audio 6 even on a more powerful machine.

First: check this link and follow all the tips there http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+Processing

Definitely use the LatencyMon program as it basically tells you the cause of audio dropouts.

If that doesn't work, I've heard of people making a separate partition and doing a clean install of Windows just for Traktor (no other software at all).

Tech Mentor

Did you try v2.5.1 ?

You're borderline minimum specs imo so a different version may yield better results.

Tech Wizard

ATTENTION! ACHTUNG! UWAGA!

PROBLEM SOLVED! The problem was WI-FI. i know, i wrote before that shut down wi-fi, but now i turned it off on my laptop (there's switch on the side of my DELL) and, when wi-fi is off, everything works fine. No "crackle" sound, no dropouts, even when latency is low.

Tech Wizard

Default Audio 2 dropouts & crackling sound - problem solved!

My PC - Dell Latitude D620 (C2D 1.83 Ghz, 2 GB Ram, WIN XP SP 3)

The problem was WI-FI. I disabled it (there is switch on the left side of ma laptop) and EVERYTHING works fine. na "crackle" sound, no audiodropouts, even when latency is low.

only way to make it work is turned off by switch. Turning it off in Windows didn't solved the problem.

Tech Wizard

My Traktor version - 2.5.1

dima 338, Hippie - thank you for help.

Strange that Wifi takes a lot of CPU cycles, that is not good in general concerning your laptop. Either you have a really lousy signal so something needs to constantly try to reconnect, or the Wifi drivers are lousy or possibly even faulty HW. Anyway, when playing out WiFi should be turned off, anyway.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Wizard

i think that's a problem with drivers. cause when traktor and wifi is on, i take about of 9-10 % of CPU usage. ant the load meter in traktor don't even reach the red field. I think tjat NI should make a patch or something. i find couple of other threads - many people had the same problem, and turning wifi off helped.

Guy in my djshop told me, that i can be fault of CPU Architecure. i don't know. one thing i know, i was really mad when the problems started. i bought new Audio 2, i have originall traktor, and my pc was strong enough. On NI eb page should be an information, that when even your pc is good, it is possiblity that you can have that kind of problems.

Bad, BAD NATIVE INSTRUMENTS >

disable your network drivers in device manager.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I consider selling Audio 2 and buying other interface....in my pc turning wifi off solve te prblem, but what when i change my laptop? Why this is so compliated? Eh. anyway, thank you for help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast