What one DJ/Musician/Group been most influential for you as a DJ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

To preface, I usually DJ house or tech-house.

Now, my biggest influences are Skinny Puppy and Meat Beat Manifesto.

Skinny Puppy has sounds and movement in their music that hit me like no other. This has lead me to try and create movement through my mixes while continuously searching for new sounds to use.

Meat Beat Manifesto show what a couple samplers and loops can do when handled by a talented artist. The early stuff blew my mind as it fused elements of hip-hop, industrial and funk rather seamlessly. The newer material expands on dub bass lines and has influences from jazz. This fearless blending of styles lead me to try to expand my sets and bring in elements from any source that I find interesting.

Tech Convert

This is one of the hardest questions for me to answer.... I have so many different tastes in music, and there's talent beyond talent in every genre. That being said.... for the moment it's Daedelus.... but Blockhead and RJD2 are right there.... ask me again in an hour.

Daft Punk

future breeze's track Push is what got me into EDM.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Default DJ start

The first thing I was into was the downtempo, lounge scene. I came in off a jazz, and funk background and got into Thievery corporation type stuff, through which I came into Ursula 1000. After Ursula 1000, I got into different styles. Everything from DJ /Rupture to David Guetta to Boys Noize. However it wasn't until stumbling onto djtechtools that I considered joining the herd myself.

Although maybe the seed was planted when I snuck in underage to go see Rjd2 when I was 14.

for me, kid capri, the energy he has in clubs is crazy he can really rock a crowd, and also girltalk, he has inspired me to mix it up alot at parties and play eveything, rather than just one or 2 genres.

production wise, 9th wonder, dj shadow, timbaland, alchemist, marko polo, black milk, and more
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

For me it would have to be Daftpunk as they are what got me into dance music
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

When homework came out i went nuts! (loved that album, except for around the world that made me wanna murder people!)
    So many awesome albums came out around 96-97... Underword's Second Toughest In The Infants, Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land, The Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own hole and TCM- Vegas are albums that set me on the path of enlightenment foe sure
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah Homework was the album that hooked me my mate was sitting in class with his cd player and was like bro check this album out as soon as i heard it i took his cd player and didnt give it back to him for like 2-3 weeks as i listened to it non stop hahaha yeah those were the days
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

cool videos too eh. da funk, burnin and revolution 909.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast