What one DJ/Musician/Group been most influential for you as a DJ?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default What one DJ/Musician/Group been most influential for you as a DJ?

So I was just curious and thought it would be interesting to see where DJTT's members come from as far as creative influences go. Like the topic asks, What one DJ/Musician/Group has been most influential for you as a DJ? and why, if you have a story please share!

Evol Intent for their versatility and incorporation of midi into their acts
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Ean Golden and Moldover. Once i saw these two i sold my turntables and started on the digital path.

But i think my biggest musical influence is probably Beethoven. His transitions, builds, and rhythm have always gave me a basis for my music. Both in djing and playing music.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    But i think my biggest musical influence is probably Beethoven. His transitions, builds, and rhythm have always gave me a basis for my music. Both in djing and playing music.
    Beethoven, amazing! The build-ups in the 5th or the 7th are so massive and energetic, nothing competes with that.

For me, as a DJ, i got the biggest influence from 2many djs(Soulwax), Erol Alkand and Sebastian( Ed Banger ).
    Basically, seeing Erol Alkan live by Accident, at a time where was hating every kind of electronic music. He just kept me dancing all night long, and opened my eyes for dance music.
    Him and 2many djs are just kicking out the best live sets, nicest trackselections of the whole scene.

When i saw Sebastian live, it was crazy, that dude can turn a whole dancefloor, turn into a Moshpit with a massive Pogo-Dance, and then throw in that cheesy "it's my party" song, and it fucking rocks the place.

Look em up if you like Nu Disco, Electro, Dance music.

It's probably going to be a cliche thing to say, but I've always loved Daft Punk's live performances. Incorporating that element of surprise into their sets to create such a high level of energy is always something I try to recreate.

Not that I just sit around and copy their technique, but it's something that still blows me away every time.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    It's probably going to be a cliche thing to say, but I've always loved Daft Punk's live performances. Incorporating that element of surprise into their sets to create such a high level of energy is always something I try to recreate.

Not that I just sit around and copy their technique, but it's something that still blows me away every time.
    Same here for me with to 2many djs, i am not trying to copy them, but i can spent hours to figure out why a certain thing is just so goddamn good!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Discob81 View Post
    The MINUS crew
    word!
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Guru

I would have to say Justice, and after I watched the documentary Scratch, I was hooked. I got reading about Traktor and watched the Rafik DMC video and was blown away.

Tech Mentor

Armin van Buuren - the way he connects with his audience is just amazing. Pointing out people in the crowd, making a heart sign with his hands, and the sheer energy he has behind the decks. I mean seriously, if he pointed at you during his set and made a heart, wouldn't you go nuts?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast