VCI-100 Jog wheels and Traktor 3.3.2

Default VCI-100 Jog wheels and Traktor 3.3.2

Hello Guys,

Last month i purchase the vci-100 and since then i have use it twice in my residence gigs. I have found that using the jog wheels for pitch bend can be really tricky. Let me see if i can explain myself.

I come from a CDJ1000MK3 environment. I like to make my mixes without look at the screen but i found this impossible to do using my new set up, because, if i move the jog wheel at a slow speed i achieve a substantial pitch bend (desired effect) but if i hit it a little harder and the jog wheel moves faster i can see it activates the pitch bend commands on the program but doesn't change the pitch as substantially as i like it to. Is frustrating because when you are in the heat of the night you have to be with your audience to looking at the program or moving really slow the jog wheels to properly mix a song.

Is there any way to make a more linear setting for the jog wheels ?

Thanks in advance,

Christian Romanelli

The outer jog wheels send out note-on, note-off messages and do not actually tell Traktor how fast the jogs are spinning. The result of this is that doesn't matter how fast or slow the outer jog wheel is spinning the speed of the pitch bend will be consistent.