Live setup need help.
    Tech Wizard

Default Live setup need help.

Hello

I need your help, I am going to try live acts with my productions. I need your advices which direction I should choose. I am going to have my tracks split for example on 8 sections (bass, pads ect) in session view with clips.
    I was thinking about getting Maschine as for drums for producing and also as controller for performing live do you think it will be good enough for live plays?

Another option would be APC40 but its only controller so no more benefits like with Maschine.

In both option above I need an audio interface too (working on desktop right now)

And last idea Xone 4D but I dont know how it will work out for launching lots of clips ect?

Really need your help!

Tech Wizard

No one??
    Does APC40 allow me to use clips more than on 8 channels? What about volume faders? They work only on first 8?? I will need up to 16 channels what midi controller would you recommend me to get??

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Does APC40 allow me to use clips more than on 8 channels? What about volume faders? They work only on first 8?? I will need up to 16 channels what midi controller would you recommend me to get??
    Yes you use the navigation keys to scroll channels left/right and up/down through the grid.
    Faders utilize soft-takeover if you are using more than 8 channels.
    An Audio 2 would do the trick perfectly for playing live with Ableton or Maschine unless you need recording as well.

Personally Bang for Buck the APC is second to none for Ableton use IMHO, you can do ALOT with it however it might be worth looking at something like a pair of A&H K2's (a route I'm considering ATM).

The 4D is a gorgeous Piece of kit, and worth it IMHO and it is designed with Ableton in mind, features and amazing sound card, real mixer and there's tons a vids about it on youtube, I would probably sell my left testicle for one.

However it really depends how you plan your set in Ableton as to how the controller will fit in, personally I could not stand soft-takeover or layer switching for example - something only you can decide I'm afraid.

Tech Wizard

Hey, thanks, well right now I am going to take similar approach what Ulrich Schnauss is doing here is a video:

What I need is to be able to launch clips like he did and have possibilities for faders and knobs for effects. None of the controllers have 16 faders so there is only layering?? Xone seems awesome but for launching clips Maschine or APC would be a lot better I suppose?

Other question is how to deal with more than 2 usb connection into apple? Is there some stable usb hub ??

another good controller imo is a launchpad. You can chain up to 6 of them together at one time and use them for alot of diffrent things, like clip launching and such
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You can use almost any hub so long as it supports multi-TT and, depending on your controller, powered as well.

You could also look at controllers with motorizer faders e.g. Behringer BCF2000

The Xone :K2 would be no worse than the APC for clip Launching and also has soundcard built in a lil more pricy than an APC for a pair but worth it IMHO - however does not have the same 1:1 ableton/controller surface the APC does.

The Xone4D does not have the colored buttons which may or may not be a dealbreaker, I dont think its any more difficult to launch, but you certainly do not have the visual feedback you might need over multiple channels.

If you REALLY feel you need 16 channel faders do a search for the APC80 ... basically a combo of an APC20+40 joined in the middle - pretty big though, you didn't state if size matters.

Tech Wizard

No I saw that video for APC 80 looks ok but too big Could you explain what soft-takeover mean? Mostly for APC40? when I move on channel 9-16 faders will work also for them? or there is some kind of shift button which double that??

Tech Wizard

Hey
    I will need advice about audio interface as Ive already got APC40 anyway I was thinking about KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 but I read that there are plenty of problems connecting this into usb 3.0, is this still an issue or the problem has been fixed? Which audio interface would you recommend then (It must allow me to cue in headphones)?