Cannot split audio, using mixtrack with traktor on a mac

Default Cannot split audio, using mixtrack with traktor on a mac

Hey, i have just purchased a mixtrack (just mixtrack not mixtrack pro). I have an external usb sound card(alesis usb mixer8) i can split the sound with virtual DJ but not with traktor. Everywhere i look says to use asio4all for pc but i can't find anything for mac any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tech Wizard

I have the same issue

Tech Guru

You will not find a Mac version because it doesn't exist. It's for Windows only. Further, Traktor doesn't support multiple sound cards so you can't "split" audio like you can VirtualDJ.

Go grab an Audio2DJ by Native Instruments. It has 2 sound outputs--one for main, one for headphone cue. They're under $100 used.
    Last edited by ToOntown; 09-24-2012 at 01:37 PM.

thanks for the fast response!
    So can i not use my alesis usb mixer to do the same thing as the audio2dj?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You will not find a Mac version because it doesn't exist. It's for Windows only. Further, Traktor doesn't support multiple sound cards so you can't "split" audio like you can VirtualDJ.
    A Mac does not NEED AISO4ALL as there is already a means natively to join both sound cards together via aggregate sound cards

So can i not use my alesis usb mixer to do the same thing as the audio2dj?
    IN this configuration you will use your Alesis as your master output and your Mac's headphone socket as cue.

To do it

1. Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio > midi setup
    2. You should have a list of your sound cards down the left side - if not click window > show audio window
    3. Click the + sign at the bottom
    4. "Create aggregate device"
    5. Tick the boxes for as many inputs / outputs you require e.g. Alesis / Built in output
    6. Rename your Device to whatever you like
    7. In traktor select this new device as your output and configure it as you would a regular 4ch sound card.

I would however reccommend a 4ch soundcard as suggested, however this will get you moving.

Thank you so much, thats now got it working!