Traktor Control Vinyl Pitch

Default Traktor Control Vinyl Pitch

I upgraded to a new MPB (with the i7 processor) from windows vista a couple days ago because vista wasn't working with my Audio 6 and Traktor Pro. I hooked it up today and everything started to work well, i tweeted that I was back in business and then it happened... The speed the record is "read" at is much less than the song should be after loading the second song (79 BMP when it should have been 95 BPM). I can adjust the pitch fader to correct this in a pinch, but I would rather it work well so I can actually use the pitch fader to actually use it. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this without sending it back to NI (again). I have a few gigs coming up and need the Audio 6 to play. Thanks for the help!

Matt

Tech Guru

So is traktor playing your tunes slower or is it just reading as a slower erronous BPM in Traktor?

Sounds like reanalysis of your tunes has messed up BPM tags.

Tech Guru

I'm guessing you are using the MK2 vinyl (2.5KHz) and Traktor isnt recognizing it and thinks it's older 2 KHz vinyl. Should be able to press calibrate and it should recognize it, but I wouldnt know why it's doing it in the first place. You can try playing around w/ ur sample rates (44.1 KHz and what not) and make sure they match up in Traktor and the Audio 6 control panel, but I dnt think thats the problem either, Just guessin here

oliosky, the song is playing slower

manchild, thanks, i'll try that out tomorrow!