someone with dj decks knowledge please help

Default someone with dj decks knowledge please help

im looking at starting up dj'ing so im going to get a new laptop and by the sounds of things traktors better than vdj as its more powerful software and you can utilize it better.
    So now what im wondering is which out of these are the best suitable decks to get with no previous experience of dj'ing in the slightest but i have spare time and am very dedicated to progress!
    American audio VMS4
    Numark N4
    Stanton DJC.4

Which one is the best and why and which is the best to use with which software thankyou in advance for any advice given!!

Tricky answers for you:

VDJ and Traktor are very different and very similar softwares. One may be really great at one thing, and not so good at others. Don't be so quick to dismiss VDJ, many of us learned on it, some still use it. It is argued that VDJ is more powerful as it has VST support.

No controllers are better than others, it all depends on budget, what you will use it for, and how much use it will get. I started on VDJ with a $200 bcd 3000 and loved it. The thing never died on me, but not a controller to bring to a club, as it wouldn't hold up to the abuse.

If you are looking at the VMS 4, look at the 4.1. They have improved a few areas that had issues with the VMS4.

My recommendation (as well as others) try out the demos of VDJ, Traktor and Mixxx(free) and see which YOU like better. Then, based on what you will be mixing (house, hip hop, trance etc) look at as many controllers as possible, and read the reviews on here, DJforums and anywhere else on the interwebs. There is more information than you will ever get through, but as someone new, it will give you a great starting spot.

We all have our opinions here, and not everyone will agree, or be able to decide what is best for you.

One other thing you can do is go to your local music store and play with the gear they have available. Example: Numark takes a lot of heat for build quality, but the Mixdeck has the nicest jogwheels I've ever played with. Not everyone will agree, but I like it.

Welcome to the forum though.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

I agree with pretty much everything he said.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES