Can we have a poll about satisfaction levels concerning NI and their USB3 problem.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can we have a poll about satisfaction levels concerning NI and their USB3 problem.

I like many ran into the BSOD with USB3, but not recently, I reported it first over 18 months ago.

They are acting as if USB3 came out yesterday, what's worse is that they initially blamed the users, for not being able to set up their machines.

Then came a wave of ridiculous statements on how to "fix" it ..some of which just fubar'd laptops.

Now it seems their statement is "your own stupid fault for buying a new USB3 laptop, you should check the spec's", like they don't know that all new laptops are USB3.

I'm getting pretty annoyed, especially with Freshfluke who seems to want the kudos of working with NI, but refuses to actually be the bridge between user and manufacturer.

I've invested a few thousand on NI kit, some of which I can't use, unless I use an old under-powered laptop, which is is unsuitable for the load Traktor now produces.

I have suggested that they really take a look at Windows 8, as it has no problems with USB3, however I'm shot down again, rather than asked to participate in beta trails etc.

If I know about the problem, surely their professional coders would know more ...

I mean what sort of fix is crippling a brand new $2500 macbook pro's usb3 ports and forcing them to use USB2, something she attempted to tell users to do to their Windows based machines, ultimately knackering many of them.

Where do these stupid knee jerk reactions get us as users, no-where but into frustration and some sending their laptops off for repair.

I've personally had enough, the NI stuff goes on sale today. I love Traktor, but after spending all the money I have done 2 x S4,F1, X1, TP, PSP, Audio8, Audio4, various TCV's etc etc. and getting nowhere with it ... enough is enough.

The major problem is the level of support and the way that some of their moderators treat customers, I am regularly shocked at the way people like freshfluke speak to their PAYING customers ..I guess she gets it all free.

It's not just to me, I'm the one that usually chips in at the end, points out a few things, then she'll either delete the comment or close the thread.

Okay seems like I'm picking on her, but in this case she's been the worst offender, but over the years others have been the same.

I think the only way this will improve is as users we get together and demand some real answers, timelines and FACTUAL solutions that work.

Obviously there's no point to opening this on the NI forum as it will be closed or deleted, but if enough people here get together, it can be sent to their head office to show what's really going on.

regards
    Mark Stewart
    Jackpot Slot Machine
    Barcelona/UK
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Every member has the ability to start a poll when starting a thread. You may need to click go advanced to see the option.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

For The Republic!!! Hazzzaaaaa!!!!
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    Now it seems their statement is "your own stupid fault for buying a new USB3 laptop, you should check the spec's"
    They have a point though.
    SC | MC

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    They have a point though.
    That's a silly thing to say, it's pretty much impossible not to buy a USB3 laptop these days.

In NI's defence though it's not just them affected by this issue.

As regards Freshfluke I think she does more damage to NI's reputation with users than all the dodgy Traktor releases combined. She's an arsehole.
    Last edited by Jack Bastard; 09-27-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Added that I think she's an arsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Every member has the ability to start a poll when starting a thread. You may need to click go advanced to see the option.
    I can't find that option, could you point out where I would find it, please?
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    That's a silly thing to say, it's pretty much impossible not to buy a USB3 laptop these days.
    My point is if you know there's a problem and you still get a laptop that's only USB3, who really is to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    In NI's defence though it's not just them affected by this issue.
    It's an Apple and Intel problem as far as I am aware, which makes the moaning even more pathetic.

SC | MC

Jack Bastard

My point is if you know there's a problem and you still get a laptop that's only USB3, who really is to blame?
    Of course Nicky, you're right, everyone should simply hop in their time machine back to 2009 and purchase a USB2 only laptop from there.

It's an Apple and Intel problem as far as I am aware, which makes the moaning even more pathetic.

It's nothing to do with the Apple, or Intel really. The problem (afaik) is that certain audio manufacturers made use of asynchronous streaming, something that has now been removed from the USB standard, hence soundcards that make use of this don't work in USB 3 ports.

I don't think Rane soundcards are affected by this so they obviously use a different method. It would be nice to get a press release from NI about this though, rather than the standard NI 'blame everything on anyone except us' modus operandi.

Nicky, I've been on the back of this for over 18 month, if there's anyone with the right information it's me. I've been working with Dell and NEC for the last 12 months on this exact issue.

There was an NEC firmware update to fix an issue with the AUDIO8DJ and it worked, that was until NI changed the driver again. The USB3 ports on laptops now are about as stable as they are going to get, not an Intel problem as you suggested. The laptops with separate USB3 chips as opposed to those with it in the chipset were initially problematic, but everything that's doable has been done by the chipset manufacturers.

This issue really is that anything that has enough power to tun the current version of Traktor, and has a little more to give as the program advances and requires more power, these days comes with USB3 !

It's not a new thing as I said at the start, I sent all the diagnostics and details over to NI many moons ago.

The Denon's works fine, as do Rane and I guess many more companies are fine too.

FYI. Windows 8 does not cause the BSOD, it has it own issue's though such as the application not closing and the F1 having a weird display on the screen next to the browse - buttons function though.

I'm about to upgrade my main laptop, and use this one for backup, but I am faced with a big problem, all the new platforms I am looking at are USB3 only. I'm lucky this has a eSATA/USB combo port, otherwise I have problems. The issue is with all new laptop users, what are they supposed to do ?

Does anyone know if serato SL /twich works in USB3?

but back to the point in hand, NI are not handling this issue well, the information regarding fixes etc. has been in many cases just stupid ! Freshfluke for example telling users of Windows machines to try to do what they did with the mac's ...the result many inexperienced users stuffing up there usb ports. a kext works differently to a windows driver.

As soon as someone asks for an update they are shot down, usually in quite an abrupt, even rude manner.

Windwos 8 is released to the public at the end of October and all new machines will be equipped with it. or given an upgrade voucher, the program needs to be fixed by then, or I can imagine a hell-storm braking out.

The choice as it stands with new laptop buyers.

Windows 7 - no USB3 ports
    Windows 8 - issues with closing, F1 and screen response time (it takes a few seconds to go full screen etc.)

Something definite from NI needs to be released concerning the roadmap for their products regarding this issue, and to stop blaming customers.

There is nothing new to old hardware beeing incompatable with new hardware. During my almost 30 years working with computers I have colected quite a few cards/devices over time that won't work on my next computer. I bought a Ensoniq Paris system that costed me almost $7k and only oficcialy worked on Windows 98. You bought somethings that were all compatable to with computers on the marked at that given time. I was not NI that made the desission to drop some standars from USB3 F1 X1 are by no means affected the only send midi/hid no audio. I'm sure NI had their reasons to choose asynchronous streaming, but their choice has backfired on them.
    You made the mistake to buy something and expect it to be future proof for eternaty. and after reading some of your post here and on NI forum I don't get it why you don't get a mac or sell all devices, get something else insted you would spend a lot more time doing something you like to do, insted of wasting 18 months on crying about whats not working.
    Sorry but your boring a hell.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast