Unbelievably spot-on Deadmau5 review from the Guardian
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jack Bastard

Default Unbelievably spot-on Deadmau5 review from the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012...es-here-review

I like the bit about Finchy from The Office.

Tech Wizard

deadmau5 is so.. i dont know. haha
    BADHAIRDAY on soundcloud.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Ahhh Alexis Petridis, he was a one in his Mixmag days, wasn't he! For once he's written something I totally agree with.

As Eddie Amador put in his track; 'Not everyone understands House Music'... so true in the current US 'EDM' scene.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Triumph of the Will.I.Am. Very clever. For those who don't know , Triumph des Willens (eng: Triumph of the will) was a nazi propaganda film about the Nuremberg rallies. Pretty harsh criticism, I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling deadmau5's new stuff nazi marching music...

Last edited by fullenglishpint; 09-28-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Ahhh Alexis Petridis, he was a one in his Mixmag days, wasn't he! For once he's written something I totally agree with.
    Yeah, it's unusual innit? He normally makes me grind my teeth in frustration at his lack of understanding of dance. Who knows, after 15 years of writing on dance music maybe he's finally got it?

He always reminded me of writing club reviews for a Cardiff rag in the late 90s and meeting the club editor who when I asked what he was into said -

'I'm not really into dance music but I'm on a mellow drum and bass tip at the moment'

/cringe

It's derivative, cliched and gives the impression of having been made by someone who's never danced in their life, but in a purely technical sense, it's extremely well produced, punchy, powerful, with a strong grasp of dynamics and occasional flashes of a deft melodic touch. Nothing feels careless: a lot of time and effort has clearly been expended on making it as generic and unfunky as possible. It's the sound of a man who knows his market.
    hilarious

I don't play the Mau5's records but I do like the attention he gets for an being ass...

"It's derivative, cliched and gives the impression of having been made by someone who's never danced in their life"

That pretty much sums up my attitude toward what he says and what he produces.

Re my previous comment, my 4 years at university studying German has officially now come in mildly useful. I consider it time and money well spent on the back of that.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I thank O-chem when is start counting molecules in my head...

Love it. Great article

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast