Anybody think A&H need a new xone mixer???

Default Anybody think A&H need a new xone mixer???

So I'm in the market to buy a mixer, i have a Kontrol s4 which i take around with me but wanna new home setup and miss my old xone 42.
    Ive noticed for years now for my style of music which is tech house,techno how many dj's are still using the xone 92 with traktor, im sure they can all afford a Db2 or Db4 but still the 92 hangs in there.
    So why not buy a 92 you ask?.. well i want something that is scratch approved just for when i do travel with it and don't have the hassle of an extra sound card and more cables.
    Pioneer Djm 850 is looking like the weapon of choice but it just doesn't have the amazing feel and good looks of the xone 92&42, surely allen & heath have to be scratching there heads that the Db series hasn't been as popular as they like…..Just stick a Traktor sound card in the 92 and that mixer will carry on to dominate for even more years to come and i'd buy one in a heartbeat…
    Any xone fans thinking the same????
    Last edited by hoothoot81; 09-28-2012 at 10:36 AM.

The problem is getting NI to certify any new mixers. A&H has certainly tried, but these days NI seems to only certify pioneer mixers- it's not like when scratch certification was first a thing several years back where any mixer with a capable soundcard could be certified- it has to meet sales criteria from NI (and it really seems like they are just only certifying pioneer stuff in the past couple years). So that's something to complain to NI about not A&H.

I think the reason you still see a lot of DJs using the 92 is they are used to it and can get it on their riders when they play out. The club either has one somewhere or can easily rent it for the night.

i have also noticed that the xone 92 have the 4 band eq and the db series use the three band eq ... 4 band eq'ing is great for layering techno, tech house, minimal, so that is one reason why i prefer my xone92.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Mentor

I'm wondering if the're going to put out a 2 or 3 channel DB mixer.

I have both the 92 and the db4 in the studio and I can't really put one against the other. They both have advantages and disadvantages. I ask for both mixers on my rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    The problem is getting NI to certify any new mixers. A&H has certainly tried, but these days NI seems to only certify pioneer mixers- it's not like when scratch certification was first a thing several years back where any mixer with a capable soundcard could be certified- it has to meet sales criteria from NI (and it really seems like they are just only certifying pioneer stuff in the past couple years). So that's something to complain to NI about not A&H.

I think the reason you still see a lot of DJs using the 92 is they are used to it and can get it on their riders when they play out. The club either has one somewhere or can easily rent it for the night.
    Ive played out on the Db4 and its the best ive used along with the 92 just cant justify paying £2000 another 400 for a Audio 10, maybe Ni see Allen heath as more of a threat than pioneer which is crazy when so many dj's still use the 92, so looks like i'll go pioneer which really isnt a bad thing the Djm 850 or 900 looks a lovely piece of kit probly stick to using the Traktor effects though.

Tech Convert

I'd love to see one, the filters on Xone mixers are probably my absolute favorites. Chances are the problem is just the market now, with Pioneer and NI providing more in depth controllers than just the Kontrol and Maschine like before. Fingers crossed though, I've got 2 A&H products, and they are some of the best purchases I've made.
    Stay Dirty. - dirtystripes.com
    Twitter: @dirtystripes
    facebook.com/djdirtystripes
    mixcloud.com/dirtystripes