Big Traktor problem.

Default Big Traktor problem.

So I am about to start a residency and today a big problem popped up while I was practicing.

About 5 or 6 tracks in both channels sounded like they had a distortion effect added to them. I restarted the computer and it worked fine for the first couple tracks and then it started again.

I am using a DVS setup and external mixer. I just added a second X1 and am using the native mapping for it. I can't figure this out, I have been using DVS for a couple months now and never had this problem. I hope someone can shine some light onto the situation for me.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Tech Student

Sounds like it could be a bad USB cable
    --------------------------------------------------
    Traktor SP2 * Live 8 * Reason 5 * Xonar X1 * NI Maschine * Vestax VCI-300/VFX-1 * Oxygen 49 * :

Interesting you should say that. For no good reason at all, I jiggled the USB at the soundcard and lost the signal, jiggled it again, it came back for a moment and then I lost it completely and couldn't get it back. I didn't think the USB could be causing a distortion sound, but I will swap in a new USB and try again tomorrow.

Also try have your A6 on it's own USB port, the X1's can be run into a hub if needed.
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

Best way to run an a6 is with it's own power supply. Other people have reported distorted audio when running from just usb power. Mine runs fine with a 9v power supply.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

I always keep my A6 on its own port and use my hub for the x1's.

I never had to use my power supply before with my A6, but I will certainly give that a try.

With my first gig in a while coming up and something that could easily turn into a residency I need to get this worked out.

Tech Guru

I have actually been having issues w/ distortion/really bad digital noise from time to time too in Traktor w/ DVS. Doesn't matter if it's my A4, A8, or 900. Messed w/ sample rates to make sure...nothing. I'm gonna try another version of Traktor (I'm using 2.13)....just thought I would share

I've also had issues with my A6, from time to time it will randomly start distorting. If I disconnect it and plug it back in, it'll be fine but that's not exactly ideal. Tried with multiple different drivers, old and new. I've not tried using a power supply yet, reckon I might give it a go.
    Last edited by Conall; 09-30-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Tech Mentor

Have had this issue with my A6 a couple of times too, I believe it was almost always due to a bad driver or bad latency settings. Actually, it might even always have been the latency. I never externally power my A6 and have done a lot of 6h+ runs without any problems, so I doubt a dedicated USB port doesn't provide enough juice..
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds