How to connect Denon Mc3000 to Traktor 2 pro
    Tech Mentor

Default How to connect Denon Mc3000 to Traktor 2 pro

I recently bought the Denon Mc3000 and traktor 2 pro. Installing traktor was no issue, and the driver for the controller was fine.

The problem is at the audio set up, I select external controller, Denon brand, and Mc3000. However at the audio set up it says check your output source, so I'm guessing I can't use a basic desktop speaker for the controller? Since it has one universal source instead of a L and R.

If that's the case, why can't I use my headphones? When I put a song on traktor, I press play and the track plays but theres no sound coming from anywhere, not even the headphones.

Also, whenever I connect my controller and turn the power on, my internet shuts off. This CANNOT be a power issue right? Since a controller is supposed to be connected to a laptop, and laptops don't contain nearly as much watts as a desktop.

EDIT:

The problem was the usb source so everything works now, the only issue is with the headphones. The sound works through the speakers fine, but how do I get it to work with the headphones? Unless that's only for cuing?
    Last edited by DemiAlex; 09-28-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    The problem is at the audio set up, I select external controller.....
    Think that should be set to Internal mate....
    And make sure the cue volume inside Traktor is set to maximum...
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Think that should be set to Internal mate....
    And make sure the cue volume inside Traktor is set to maximum...
    I agree. The MC3000 is a MIDI mixer (no stand alone mixer)...it requires Traktor to handle the mixing Internally. Its sound card has 2 outs: main output and a headphone out for cue/preview.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000