Official info on the Kontrol Z2! - Page 3
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    If materials are similar to the S4 then I see no point of it against a djm t1, also it doesnt have deck controls.
    +1

DJMT1 has almost everything you need.

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    I get that, but how would these differences in functionality benefit someone in a real world application?

I understand when you're doing live sound, and you want to hear some vocals with and without FX, but when it comes to DJ'ing, don't you always want to be able to hear the FX in the phones so you know what it sounds like? If you want to know what it sounds like without FX, couldn't you just disengage them?
    It has nothing to do with the headphones. When you put an echo on pre-fader, then drop the fader, the track, and the echo, cut. When you route an echo post fader, then drop the fader, the track cuts, and the echo tails out naturally. It doesn't have anything to do with effects cueing.

Tech Mentor

Can anyone tell if this is gonna have a send/return for external effects?

Notice the orange buttons below the hot cue buttons are blank. In some photos in others they are labeled Flux, and in a few photos that I've seen, they are labeled Bjump. Not sure what to make of it. I guess we will find out next Monday.

550713_10151444081797786_749477510_n.jpg Posted on Ean Goldens facebook page. His new rig for the CNTRL tour
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Mentor

oooh, is that a brushed stainless surface? If they did that for Ean, they'd better make it available to the rest of us assholes too.

Any idea why the top half of the level meter seems to be blocked out? Just glare?

Looks kinda like brushed steel.Im thinking it is because you can see the glossy parts around the hotcue buttons. I think it's just glare blocking half the VU meter.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Shut up and take my money (after I sell a few of my DJ things that are collecting dust). I love using a real mixer (even though i started off with a controller, I just hate using them for EQs). I like the feel and the control of using timecode cds or vinyl, it's just more fun for me. I use my X1 religiously to the point where I would seriously feel out of it spinning without one. I would love to be able to pack this mixer in my knapsack and take it to gigs. It and my X1 wouldn't take up that much sapce (it's doable especially with my Mono 365 DJ bag) and I'd have the piece of mind knowing when I go to a gig that i'll be using my OWN mixer. Nothing is more annoying than setting up my Traktor box (although it is light). Getting rid of all the extra wires would be awesome. I have a Korg Zero 4 traktor certified mixer so at home it's not too much of a problem, but I still can't get the on-the-fly recording funciton to work with it.

TL;DR

I was going to get an F1, but I'd rather sell my current 2Ch mixer and get this to use for samples and remix decks, and continue to use my X1 for deck controls and hot cues. Definitely the most anticipated DJ gear release since (personally) the original CDJ 2000 came out. I don't think i've ever been more excited and gun-hoe on getting somethign right when it comes it, quite like how I am now.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyp View Post
    Looks kinda like brushed steel.Im thinking it is because you can see the glossy parts around the hotcue buttons. I think it's just glare blocking half the VU meter.
    Yeah, you can definitely tell that the level meter has the glossy surface, and it's surrounded by a different material. A metal surface would make me feel much better about this mixer.

Tech Guru

Please make it mostly brushed aluminum, no glossy

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast