Korg Electribe ER-1 vs EMX-1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Korg Electribe ER-1 vs EMX-1

Which one should I get?

I produce mostly deep house, house, tech-house

Now im thinking ESX or EMX...opinions?
    Last edited by Santos10; 10-09-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Get the EMX-1...it will give you more versatility. Even, better, get the EMX-1SD and get the ability to load/store onto an SD card.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Hands down EMX-1. Sold mine on ebay 6 years ago. Wish I had never done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viirus::.. View Post
    Hands down EMX-1. Sold mine on ebay 6 years ago. Wish I had never done it.
    Agreed. I keep wishing I had bought one when I had the chance to get one cheap. I keep looking out for one and may pick one up eventually...for now I use Ableton for everything...but I may succumb to the call and pick one up if I find one cheap.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Tech Guru

now ive come to another question

what do yous think......ESX or EMX?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post

For the genres you mentioned, the ESX would be the way to go, imho.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Guru

why would you say that?

Tech Guru

bump

ive owned both like both, i guess some thoughts...
    i think of the esx as like a modern sp12 - its sampling time is minimal by modern standards. depending on what else you have you may love it you may hate it. its capable of interesting sounds but if its your only source of sound you may find yourself pissed at its limitations. the "keyboard" parts - the timestretching has a lot of old school sampling artifacts if you pitch something up or down too much. you may like it, you may not - a lot of people considered it a very dated effect. if you want to use it and its sequencer for something like synth bass (or samples that dont want to have pitching artifacts) youll either need another sampler with key mapping or a synth module. ten years ago, this was my first bit of hardware was an esx and tabletop dsi evolver synth, the esxs "keyboard" sequencer was good enough to sequence the evolver just keep in mind it only sends note on and gate signals, no velocity or cc values.
    the emx - its a lot like the korg ms2000. its very good at certain sounds, but despite certain claims it doesnt sound "analog". i like its percussion a lot but as a sole source of percussion you may tire of its characteristics as certain sounds it just wont do. analog sounding pads - no; emulating "classic" analog perc - some but not a lot. that being said - it does make a lot of sounds i do enjoy. for the genres you mentioned im sure youll like some of its scope of what it can make, and probably prefer it over esx, the esx for your genres sounds like something that would be used more sparingly for certain effect - old sampler fx and throwback type shit

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post

I have and LOVE my emx1sd, but I wish I would have gotten the ESX. I will probably get the ESX and do dj style sets w/ each electribe as a "deck"

fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast