How Often Do You?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How Often Do You?

How often do you spin at your home?
    I spin at home at least 3 times a week.
    How often do you record your mixes? And how often do you post your mixes?
    I record all of my mixes!
    How often do you play out at gigs?
    And I play only one or two gigs a month now. I use to play a lot less.

I try to train 1-2 hours a day, at home.....Then maybe 2-3 times a week with a friend, so we can give critizism.....then i record once a week.....Post some on MixCloud etc so i can feel some kind of "presure" ^^

My gear is still packed up and sitting on the floor since last weekend
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

1. Almost every day.
    2. Not much, maybe one in two weeks.
    3. Sometimes three in a week, sometimes zero at a month :/

I play at home several times a week, more depending on work schedule. I record a mix every few months, when there is a set I want to program, or I'm trying to learn to do something and need to hear it back to know what it sounds like when I'm not monitoring and fiddling with things. I'm not playing out right now.

haven't touched the setup for the last couple of weeks...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Couple of times a week, as work saps me of all things creative, and all i want to do at the end of the day is sit in my chair and have a beer.

But ive discovered Setting my room up as a disco, having my mates get drunk, dressing up in a tiger onesie and have the whole thing on chat roulette is a giggle. Lets me mix for a good couple of hours, and ive got a constant critic going on from said drunk friends (which is usually the demographic to play to anyway.....) and the look on peoples faces on chat roulette when a tiger in a disco comes on is hilarious.

I didn't spin seriously at home since June.
    Musical spare time = production

How often do you spin at your home?

Honestly? I try to spin every day, at least for 20 minutes. When I'm able to, it usually ends up going for 2+ hours though. I don't get to everyday unfortunately just because I keep such a busy schedule that time at home isn't always an option I honestly schedule time "off" to make sure I spin, and it's tough to balance at times with promoting / going out to events, and working.

I honestly spend more time digging and listening to tracks than I do spinning. Which is both good and bad in it's own ways I suppose.

Thinking about it more, I probably spin 3-4 days a week. Mostly on Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed when I'm not always going out.

How often do you record your mixes? And how often do you post your mixes?

I usually record my mixes at least once a week. Honestly, usually on Mondays. It's one of my days off (Sun/Mon) and I let myself play loudly at home during the day, and so I find I get into the groove better than being relatively quiet practicing at other points.

If I like a mix, and there are no glaring technical issues, then I'll post it. Usually has to be 30 minutes or more though. Oddly enough, I seem to fall into a groove fairly often of having just enough time to record a 45sih minute mix. (Which oddly happens to be the same amount of time it basically takes me to drive into Boston for shows).

How often do you play out at gigs?

Right now, I have about 2ish gigs a month. Which I'm perfectly happy with. I only started playing out in June, so it's awesome that it's happening like this already. They are mostly "one-of" kind of events, rather than a regular club thing, and that's exactly where I want to be
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

It would seem that everyone has different practice habits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast