Denon Mc3000 Traktor mapping, help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Denon Mc3000 Traktor mapping, help

Just bought the Denon Mc3000 and trakto 2.5 pro.

On the set up I matched it with the Denon Mc3000 and everything was fine, decks A and B work as intended and what not. However, I don't think all the keys are mapped. Like, when I want to put a track on deck C and D, the play/pause button doesn't work, but the low mid hi filter etc works fine. I'm guessing this is a mapping issue?

Also, how do the effects work in traktor? Do I have to set them up? If so, how do I do this? My effects are not working at all, I press fx on 1 with group settings, and when I turn on an individual effect nothing happens.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

1. Did you reload your mapping twice from big import button? Also which mapping and traktor version do you use?

2. Check FX routing and set "insert" mode instead of "send".

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    1. Did you reload your mapping twice from big import button? Also which mapping and traktor version do you use?

2. Check FX routing and set "insert" mode instead of "send".
    Yeah I imported it twice from the import button @ preferences. I'm using a 4 deck mapping file downloaded from the internet since the one traktor supported isn't fully functional.

The play button works now on deck C and D, however I can't loop anything from those decks:/

I downloaded the mapping file from http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ne.aspx?id=179

The traktor version I am using is 2.5.1

What does insert and send mean?

Is there anyway I could customize which effect button does what? I checked on the effects page and it says I'm using all the default effects, however EFX.1 on FX1 doesn't do anything, yet EFX.2 EFX.3 and EFX.4 on FX1 function as intended. Goes the same for on FX2, EFX.1 works fine, however the rest doesn't work (although it says they are in effect, there's nothing noticiable with it on or off).

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    Yeah I imported it twice from the import button @ preferences. I'm using a 4 deck mapping file downloaded from the internet since the one traktor supported isn't fully functional.

The play button works now on deck C and D, however I can't loop anything from those decks:/

I downloaded the mapping file from http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ne.aspx?id=179

The traktor version I am using is 2.5.1

What does insert and send mean?

Is there anyway I could customize which effect button does what? I checked on the effects page and it says I'm using all the default effects, however EFX.1 on FX1 doesn't do anything, yet EFX.2 EFX.3 and EFX.4 on FX1 function as intended. Goes the same for on FX2, EFX.1 works fine, however the rest doesn't work (although it says they are in effect, there's nothing noticiable with it on or off).
    I thought you are talking about FX units 1 and 2. It looks like you need to select effect in slots there. Click on little arrow next to related effect to select it from drop down menu or map "effect selector" command and set it to button-direct and select effect that you want. You can map multiple effect to one button.

Tech Mentor

I thought you are talking about FX units 1 and 2. It looks like you need to select effect in slots there. Click on little arrow next to related effect to select it from drop down menu or map "effect selector" command and set it to button-direct and select effect that you want. You can map multiple effect to one button.

Where is related effects? I don't see this page anywhere, all I have is an effect page with no little arrows or a drop down menu or effect selector to place individual effects onto my settings.

What does 2Fx units and 4FX units mean?

Also on the FX panel mode, what settings should they be at? Group or Single?

1. Create a screenshot.

2. It means how many FX units you want to display and use.

3. With group mode you will have three effects per FX unit and single mode says for itself.

Tech Mentor

1. Create a screenshot.

2. It means how many FX units you want to display and use.

3. With group mode you will have three effects per FX unit and single mode says for itself.
    So with group mode, if I enabled EFX.1 for example, it would auto play 3 different effects at once depending on which effects are assigned to it?

Screenshots:

traktor.jpg

traktor2.jpg

If by "EFX.1" you think on Unit on buttons at mixer section of the screen then answer is yes.

Tech Mentor

If by "EFX.1" you think on Unit on buttons at mixer section of the screen then answer is yes.
    EFX.1 is the name of one of the knobs on FX1 section in my controller.

I posted the screenshot, can you show me where the option to manually place the effects to each knobs are?

Also, how do I create samples and store them?

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    EFX.1 is the name of one of the knobs on FX1 section in my controller.

I posted the screenshot, can you show me where the option to manually place the effects to each knobs are?

Also, how do I create samples and store them?
    If it's the same as on my MC6000, the efx 1 button doesn't do anything, and the efx 1 knob controls the wet/dry for the effects section. So EFX 2/3/4 knob/buttons actually control FX1/2/3 in traktor if in group mode, and effect parameter 1/2/3 in single mode.

EFX 1 has a button underneath it for if you are using it with virtaul dj, as you can use more than 3 effects at a time in virtual dj.

To change the effects on each knob, hold down the shift button and then rotate the EFX 2/3/4 knob, this should change the effect that is assigned to that knob.

I don't use samples so I can't help you there. Did it not come with a manual explaining everything?
    Last edited by robdquick; 10-01-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast