How to use headphones with traktor? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    You need a soundcard to hear two tracks buddy. The NI Audio 2 is a great soundcard and reasonably priced.
    i had just bought the audio2 from DJTT i can honestly say it sux not having a cue monitor option

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "one outlet" but make sure the speaker is plugged into your controller, not the headphone (or speaker) output on your computer. When you plug in a soundcard or a controller with a soundcard, THAT soundcard becomes the default (or you need to set it as the default manually), and it disables your computers internal soundcard.
    My cord for my speakers don't fit in any of the slots in my controller, I'm guessing I need some sort of adapter for this?

I'm not sure what you mean by "one outlet" but make sure the speaker is plugged into your controller, not the headphone (or speaker) output on your computer. When you plug in a soundcard or a controller with a soundcard, THAT soundcard becomes the default (or you need to set it as the default manually), and it disables your computers internal soundcard.
    What if I wanted to use both together? Because when I plug into a system I will be using my soundcard, and I want the jack on my laptop to be used for my headphones because my mixer doesn't have a headphone jack. Is this possible? Or can I route two outputs onto the soundcard and use them both?

Quote Originally Posted by M3D!C View Post
    i had just bought the audio2 from DJTT i can honestly say it sux not having a cue monitor option
    What do you mean by "cue monitor"?

Between the Audio 2 DJ, and your mapping, there should be some solution for what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    My cord for my speakers don't fit in any of the slots in my controller, I'm guessing I need some sort of adapter for this?
    Yeah.

I'm assuming your speakers have a 1/8th inch connector, which is also referred to as a "headphone connector". You would neec a 1/4inch adapter to fit it into one of the outputs on the audio 2 DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Altercation View Post
    What if I wanted to use both together? Because when I plug into a system I will be using my soundcard, and I want the jack on my laptop to be used for my headphones because my mixer doesn't have a headphone jack. Is this possible? Or can I route two outputs onto the soundcard and use them both?
    What kind of setup are you using?

You can use both of the outputs on the Audio 2 DJ for speakers, 1 output per each speaker. Otherwise, you can use one output to plug into an external mixer, and the other output for your headphones.

Alternatively, you can also use a 1/4inch splitter, and split one side of the audio 2 DJ for 2 speakers, and the other for your headphones.

You can't use any of the audio inputs or outputs on your computer while your Audio 2 DJ is connected. You can only use one soundcard at a time, so you have to make sure your soundcard has the number of inputs/outputs that you want. Otherwise you have to connect it to a separate line level mixer, which is what I did for a long time.

What kind of setup are you using?

You can use both of the outputs on the Audio 2 DJ for speakers, 1 output per each speaker. Otherwise, you can use one output to plug into an external mixer, and the other output for your headphones.

Alternatively, you can also use a 1/4inch splitter, and split one side of the audio 2 DJ for 2 speakers, and the other for your headphones.

You can't use any of the audio inputs or outputs on your computer while your Audio 2 DJ is connected. You can only use one soundcard at a time, so you have to make sure your soundcard has the number of inputs/outputs that you want. Otherwise you have to connect it to a separate line level mixer, which is what I did for a long time.
    Right now I just have the basic soundcard that came with my HP, and my mixer is a Numark Mixtrack. My mixer has no inputs whatsoever, it's strictly connected to the laptop via USB. So, I usually hook up my laptop directly to wherever i'm playing through the headphone jack. If I get a sound card to be able to hear cued up tracks, will I just plug my headphones into one output and then the system into the other?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Altercation View Post
    my mixer is a Numark Mixtrack.
    That's not a mixer, it's a controller.

+1 on everything TokenAsianGuy just said. I think there are youtube videos out there that explain all of this.

When you use a soundcard, lets say the Audio 2, it has TWO outputs. 1. Output is your speakers 2. Output is your headphones.

You will not plug your headphones into your laptop.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    That's not a mixer, it's a controller.

+1 on everything TokenAsianGuy just said. I think there are youtube videos out there that explain all of this.

When you use a soundcard, lets say the Audio 2, it has TWO outputs. 1. Output is your speakers 2. Output is your headphones.

You will not plug your headphones into your laptop.

Oh ok I understand now, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12