Traktor mapping: matching loop size and move size?

Default Traktor mapping: matching loop size and move size?

Hey all,

I'm working on a super-simple mapping for my MF3D and Faderfox DJ3, and am looking for a way to ensure the loop size and move size for a deck are always the same.

I have increase/decrease for both parameters set to the same control, but the move size parameter has one more "notch" in each direction than the loop size does, so it's easy to get out of sync.

Anyone got any ideas how I could stop the move size going to its extremities? Maybe setting a modifier when the loop size reaches either end? I've been unable to get it done so far.

Any help appreciated. Cheers,
    Ibsh

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi ibsh,

You are mapping size selector to rotary encoder? If so set type of controller to encoder, interaction mode to relative and play with rotary sensitivity till you find value.

Hey Stewe. Actually, no, I've set it to a button pair. However, you're right, it would be easier to do with a rotary. I'll fall back to that if I can't get it working with buttons. Thanks!

You said that both parameters are set to the same control so that made me think of enc. Here you got two controls mapped for one command with different interactions "dec and inc" and there is not any issues with this in traktor. Making one extra movement makes me think that your controller is sending midi massage two times, one on press and other on release.

Can you give more input on everything? Did you try to map it to Generic keyboard?

Sorry, I was just simplifying. Yes, I have one button that increases both move size and loop size, and one button that decreases both. They're not double-sending, there's no extra movement; the problem is as follows:

Loop size = ....... 1/32 | 1/16 | 1/8 | 1/4 | 1/2 | 1 | 2 | 4 | 8 | 16 | 32 ..........
    Move size = xFine | Fine | 1/16 | 1/8 | 1/4 | 1/2 | 1 | 2 | 4 | 8 | 16 | 32 | something

So the move size control is one option longer in each direction than the loop size control. This is fine if I stay in the middle of the control, but if my selector moves down to one end, I can get the two options out of sync. You see? The idea is to make the leftmost and rightmost options on the move size control inaccessible to my mapping.

All clear now! I can post you instructions but this requires three modifiers. Do you have spear modifiers in your mapping?

Awesome! Yeah, I'm only using two of them so far.

It turn that I was able to throw out one modifier and do all this with only two of those but it also turned that this is a bit more complex mapping then I was expected. I mapped this feature to my keyboard's left and right arrows and used arrow down to reset all to size 1 (M3=0 and M4=0). Give it a test!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Stewe: you are a genius sir. A scholar and a gentleman. I'll adapt that a bit but that's a great idea. Thanks a lot.

Have fun!