wandering crossfader (vci-100SE)
    Tech Convert

Default wandering crossfader (vci-100SE)

hello everyone, as of late i have been having an extremely pesky problem with my vci-100se midi controller. when i'm mixing (in both traktor 3 AND traktor pro), the crossfader will randomly jump around without being touched within the software, rendering mixing virtually impossible. since i've tried this out on both traktor 3 and traktor pro, it leads me to wonder if the problem is hardware related, not software? at any rate, if any of you have any advice as to how i could troubleshoot this problem i would be greatly appreciative. i want to get back to making my mixes. thanks a lot!

The fader probably is filled dull of dust and crap and thats affecting the eletrical contacts - you can try to clean it (see youtube for fader cleaning tutorials). If clearning it doesnt work you may need a new crossfader - they dont last forever sadly.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by acidreign View Post
    hello everyone, as of late i have been having an extremely pesky problem with my vci-100se midi controller. when i'm mixing (in both traktor 3 AND traktor pro), the crossfader will randomly jump around without being touched within the software, rendering mixing virtually impossible. since i've tried this out on both traktor 3 and traktor pro, it leads me to wonder if the problem is hardware related, not software? at any rate, if any of you have any advice as to how i could troubleshoot this problem i would be greatly appreciative. i want to get back to making my mixes. thanks a lot!
    Been there.

My Crossfader was loose - meaning it was seperated(not entirely) from the circuit board it was attached to.
    I opened my vci up and adjusted (meaning bent with elecronic pliers) the clasps that connected the two together.

Has been working fine ever since.

Give it a try - you will see what's up once you open the vci up and take a gander at the Fader.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_