(master) Audio with problems with Traktor/Windows
    Tech Convert

Default (master) Audio with problems with Traktor/Windows

Hi everyone!

I bought traktor S4 just a few months ago...
    So I played in a party and the Master Sound was terrible...some distortions and "kicks" in the track...

Others DJ's played with CDJ and I know the problem was with my traktor...
    I listened that Windows don't play very well with traktor...this is correct?
    What can I do to minimize these problems?

it could be one of several things based on your computer specs, windows version, and traktor version. it would be helpful if you could post all of your specs as well as how you have the s4 hooked up. what specific version of traktor are you using? also mention if it's connected to a usb3 port. there are a ton of threads and pages about this issue and they can stem from different places and settings. try these to start:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=125246

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

for a lot of people turning off their wifi seems to help. keylock can cause sound issues in 2.5 as well. for me acpi was a bit of an issue along with key lock on my audio 8.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

also, did you not play with the s4 before the party to notice these issues? you should be testing your gear strenuously before taking it to any gigs.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    also, did you not play with the s4 before the party to notice these issues? you should be testing your gear strenuously before taking it to any gigs.
    Thanks man for the answer....I don't have time to test the S4...
    I know it's my fail...

I read the infos in the links...and I note that my notebook don't have USB 3.0 ...
    The big problem with the sound occurs with the track played give a little "jump"..and sound like a little crack, kick..
    I hear the crack on the master sound and I see in the track line...
    can be the USB?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Did you play that night with usb powered or did you use power adapter? If your PC usb power is too low it can cause many audio issues.

Also, try to plug it in to some other computer and see if issue still comes up.

Tech Convert

No!
    I play with the power adapter + USB ...
    I will try to test in another computer...

I check the latency....and thats Ok...
    Another sugestion?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Well my friend had similar audio issue on his PC with asio drivers and we tried almost everything we could imagine. It turned out that simple program called game buster fixed it easily and that it was comp performance issue.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Well my friend had similar audio issue on his PC with asio drivers and we tried almost everything we could imagine. It turned out that simple program called game buster fixed it easily and that it was comp performance issue.
    Yesterday I try this program...
    And the problem persists...

I need I new computer!!!

Anyone have another sugestion?!

did you do all the suggestions on the NI page?

disable battery monitor, disable wifi/bluetooth, ASIO drivers, have you checked to see what is the source of DPC spikes???

if not, I highly suggest looking at the links squidot has posted for you.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯