This could get interesting

Default This could get interesting

So far we've seen Pioneer make a big release with the 2000-Nexus and updated reckordbox. Pioneer and Serato are making a nice push with DDJ-SX and NI with the Z2. Seems like the gear market is gonna have another good year. For me, it's less from a consumer perspective, and it's more for the competition between manufacturers to improve market share, technology, and features.

I am wondering what else other manufacturers have awaiting. Specifically I'd like to know what's going on with Traktor and/with A&H.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post

Any thoughts?
    If this thread had a more descriptive title, I might not have opened it.

Sorry, not being a jerk, just being honest. That's why it's there. Otherwise they could all have nonsensical words and we'd have to open each and every one just to find out the contents.

Tech Mentor

Specifically I'd like to know what's going on with Traktor
    Traktor is Native Instruments. Like you mentioned, they have the Z2... and they will likely have a new modular unit to replace the X1 and complement the F1.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

@asianguy- Yeah tried changing it, but the double click function on the title doesn't seem to work anymore..

@brock- By Traktor I meant software updates, 2.X (3.0).
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

@brock- By Traktor I meant software updates, 2.X (3.0).
    Based on what people have been asking for for a very long time, here are my predictions for what Traktor 3.0 will have:

• flexible beatgrids
    • resizable Controller Manager window that obeys all the basic GUI laws of such windows that are already integrated into the OS
    • isolator EQ options
    • resonance control on the built in filter
    • upgrade path for using timecode with other soundcards for a nominal fee

Oh wait I meant that other thing. These are the things that Traktor 3.0 won't have.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

My wildest gearslut dreams are about A&H bringing out a new mixer that isn't in the 2000 $ price range but that still brings more to the table than a xone 22.

Oh and what djproben said above me is exactly what I'd like to see in traktor 3.0

Sadly I don't see any of these things happening anytime soon.

Oh and btw if anybody 's wondering, what I want the most at the moment is Bitwig studio. *sigh*

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    • resizable Controller Manager window that obeys all the basic GUI laws of such windows that are already integrated into the OS
    The window is resizable. Grab the bottom corner and drag. I'm not sure what you mean by obey the basic GUI laws though so it may not be exactly what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    • upgrade path for using timecode with other soundcards for a nominal fee
    I don't think this will ever happen. To much of a chance that someone buys a cheap interface and then blame Traktor for it not working.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The window is resizable. Grab the bottom corner and drag. I'm not sure what you mean by obey the basic GUI laws though so it may not be exactly what you want.
    It is? I'm not able to do that for some reason. The controller manager and preferences window is always the same size. I can move it but that's it (and that's not that helpful). Maybe it's just the mac version that has this problem? (Or quite possible also that I'm a moron and dragging from the wrong place; wouldn't be the first time).

As for GUI I mean being able to use arrow keys, cut and paste, shift-select several lines and change modifier condition on 4 lines at a time, etc. Basically the kind of thing I can do in every program that has options like this to tweak except Traktor. MIDI mapping a new controller is one of the most unnecessarily annoying computer tasks I've ever had to do.

I don't think this will ever happen. To much of a chance that someone buys a cheap interface and then blame Traktor for it not working.
    So what if they do? NI puts some sort of no guarantees policy on it or whatever and tells the person to buy a better interface if they want it to work. They can publish a list of soundcards they know work. In any case, ANY soundcard ought to work; all it has to do is pass a high pitched freakin whine to the software - pretty sure even those $5 jobs from amazon would do that just fine. I don't disagree with you; I'm pretty sure they will never do this too, but this really isn't a good reason even if it's accurate.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

I wish in Traktor 3.0:

* Fix bugs
    * Make it more efficient with less RAM systems
    * Make the gain stage sound better

Simple stuff. Doubt that will happen as features are more important nowadays.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik