Boosting Traktor's output level?

Default Boosting Traktor's output level?

I'm sure this is probably addressed in the manual somewhere, but I'll probably get this answered more quickly if I ask on here.

I'm using Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5.1 and I'm recording with Adobe Audition in Windows 7. If I have the master output on the mixer and the recording level pumped to the max, my recordings are still only peaking at around -8 dB in Audition. I can boost the level afterwards in Audition itself, but I'd prefer to have it peaking closer to 0 dB while I'm actually recording if possible. Is there a setting in Traktor that boosts the output level? Thanks.

Tech Guru

Yes. You have to play w/ the main Mix knob in Traktor, Headroom settings (if you are using any) which is found under the mixer section in preferences, possibly turn on or off auto gain feature, and then obviously there is the invidual deck gain knobs. Honestly I would start at the beggining of my list and tinker, and then mess with each other setting if needed in the order I listed them

Thanks man. I will have a play around with it tomorrow.

Tech Guru

no prob....by Main Mix knob I really mean the Main Volume knob which is the one on the top center of the screen

Why not just record from traktor? I get great results from the recorder in traktor itself.

Tech Guru

If he's using all three inputs then it's not even an option, but in any case he could always boost levels in his recording software, but thats not what he's looking for

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Why not just record from traktor? I get great results from the recorder in traktor itself.
    I do multitrack recording sometimes, so recording directly through Traktor isn't an option in that instance.

Thanks for the advice though gents. I've barely used Traktor since I bought it and I was using the "essential" view so I didn't even see those gain/master knobs in the software. Perhaps I should actually read the manual at some point, haha.