Hello everyone! New DJ and Member to DJ TechTools. Also have a Question (VDJ)
    Tech Convert

Default Hello everyone! New DJ and Member to DJ TechTools. Also have a Question (VDJ)

ok so first off im Lunatrix ive been djing for about 1.5-2 months now.. on with my question

ok so i recently got a Numark Mixtrack Controller and i have virtual DJ (PRO) and i also got traktor pro 2. i realized that in traktor (Given its a very more indepth program, made for more indepth controllers) when you hover your mouse over the visualizations of the song...it will tell you how many bars are left from where the song currently is during the track to wherever your mouse hovers over.
    Basically what im getting at is i have a broad list of music that i dont believe i can go through individually and count how many beats there are from the start of the song to the drop...from the drop to the breakdown, etc. im just wondering if there is an easy way to calculate within VirtualDJ how many bars there are from one point of the song to another without actually having to count them.
    sorry if this didnt make much sense im doing the best i can explaining if anyone has any questions or solutions feel free to comment thank you.
    ~Lunatrix

Imagine you were DJing with vinyl records in 1982. This question would be ludicrous.

But it's 2012 and this is what we get.

Download Mixmeister and make sure that snap mode is set on and beatmixing is on. This will gave you a scalable zone that tells you how many beats your mix zone is. Drag the "IN" marker to your 1 beat and drag the "OUT" marker to the drop beat. It will display the beats. IE 16,32,64,128 etc.

>

Tech Convert

Loverocket thanks alot dude! ill check it out now thanks again

Tech Convert

what product by them exactly? they have a few different ones

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatrix View Post
    what product by them exactly? they have a few different ones
    I am pretty sure the DEMO of Mixmeister Studio will let you do this.

>

You may need the older version which I use. It's Mixmeister Pro 6.

I started out using Virtual DJ as well. I picked up a copy of The Traktor Bible and it opened my eyes to the power of Traktor. Its not that confusing once you get in there and start tinkering.

If you enjoy VDJ the for sure stick with that. But it does not have what your looking for.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJ 2 Cut View Post
    I started out using Virtual DJ as well. I picked up a copy of The Traktor Bible and it opened my eyes to the power of Traktor. Its not that confusing once you get in there and start tinkering.

If you enjoy VDJ the for sure stick with that. But it does not have what your looking for.
    alright thanks both of you...yes it does take getting used to i still havent found a good regular mapping for traktor and the mixtrack. i dont want all the extras really.