CDJ 850 - DJM 700 - Traktor 2.0 Setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CDJ 850 - DJM 700 - Traktor 2.0 Setup

Hi all,

Right, got a question for you all!

The club where I reguarly play has upgraded to CDJ 850's (Woo!) and ideally I would LOVE to start using them as controllers. Now I've managed to upgrade them and setup the HID interface etc and had them hooked up to Traktor as controllers and they work perfect.

BUT

I would've thought that connecting them to the mixer via the RCA cables would be how the sound would play out, but no... I still seem to have to route everything through the audio 8 DJ interface.

Now I've got a macbook, and it only has 2 USB cables.. I dont really wanna use a USB hub.

Is the only option Ive got to use them as controllers only and use the audio 8 as the output into the mixer..
    Or can you somehow use the CDJ 850's as a direct output from Traktor into the mixer?

Answers on a postcard! Thanks!!

And yes, I've used search, and didn't get anywhere. Thanks again.
    Last edited by SquireC; 10-04-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: SEARCH NOTE.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

You need to aggregate the sound cards into one audio device (google aggregate audio device) and select that as your output in traktor.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

CDJ 850's have advanced HID support in Traktor now? I thought Serato only supported Advanced HID with the 850's.
    Traktor SP2 | Audio 10 DJ | DJM 800 Rotary | 1200 M3D's | Shure M44G's | NI Kontrol X1 | KRK RP8's | Ableton Live 8 | M-Audio FW 410 | Akai MPK 61 | NI Kontrol S4|

MY MIXES: Mixcloud TWITTER: DjScottMichael

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michael View Post
    CDJ 850's have advanced HID support in Traktor now? I thought Serato only supported Advanced HID with the 850's.
    This.

Yeh 850s only work as midi controllers in traktor, not HID. They still work, just not as well as they do in SSL.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

DAMN!

I was really hoping that I could use them to connect directly to the mixer.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for confusing people.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

I don't get Native Instrument's reason why they don't create HID control for the 850's. They did it for the 2000's, 900's and the 400's. Anyone knows why the 850's are not supported?

I asked 2 guys from NI today, neither of them had any idea.

This breaks my heart. I don't get why NI OR Pioneer didn't do it. I would truly be in <3 with my 850's if they had full HID support with Traktor.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I haven't got my hands on it but there should be possibility to tweak default traktor mapping if needed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast