KRK monitor headphones make my ears ring??

Default KRK monitor headphones make my ears ring??

Curious if anyone else with monitor headphones makes their ears ring.

Mind you, my ears can ring pretty easily, like from a clap. Not sure why but I've never been exposed to a lot of loud music so that could be why.

But I have the volume pretty low, lower than I listen to regular music with ear buds, but after a few minutes, if I take them off, and turn off all sounds, my ears are slightly ringing.

Anyone have this or know what's up. Is that a sign of bad headphones or something.

It's not really ringing, almost like a static or fuzz that lasts about an hour. Like I said, I don't have them cranked up at all.

I'd say you got something going on in your ears rather then the headphones if that's the case dude. I'm no doctor, but that doesn't sound good.

I'd get it checked out. I've never experienced that from headphones, and I've had them pretty loud at times.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Sounds like you may have really sensitive ears mate, it is possible that you are being exposed to frequencies in some music thats available in the KRK's that the earbuds cannot reproduce that you are particularly sensitive to.

Would deffo recommend having a chat with an audiologist though and try to get to the bottom of it -

General rule: Ringing is Bad

I hear what you guys are saying. But I've used countless earbuds and headphones with no issues. I probably confused you by saying my ears ring easily, I don't mean all the time, but loud noises. I've never hung out at clubs or concerts or anything so my hearing is probably a little overly sensitive since I didn't abuse it as a kid like most people. Not by choice, but because I'm a dork..lol.

I'm just curious if these headphones are bad and causing some crazy ear fatigue or something.

I hear what you are saying about certain frequencies as it seems to happen more when I'm working with synths. When working with drums it doesn't happen. They do have a weird feeling when I'm wearing them so I don't know what's ups. I may just return them and get another pair. Perhaps they throwing out some weird frequencies or phasing or something.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by crakbot View Post
    I hear what you are saying about certain frequencies as it seems to happen more when I'm working with synths. When working with drums it doesn't happen. They do have a weird feeling when I'm wearing them so I don't know what's ups. I may just return them and get another pair. Perhaps they throwing out some weird frequencies or phasing or something.
    High frequencies cause the most damage, and good headphones will allow higher frequencies get reproduced than (most) pairs of earbuds are capable of and at more much clarity.

So most likely you are very sensitive at the high freq end of the scale, easiest way to check would be to put a high frequency cutoff on your Master. Most people over 25 cant hear above 15khz anyhow, so perhaps slope it from there and see if that solves the problem (assumming you are working in a DAW).

Thanks, I'll give that try. I'm working in Ableton so it's no problem setting that up.