Urgent!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent!!

Default Urgent!!

Hi guys, i really need a quick fix for this if anyone knows the problem.

Ive found that Deck A on Traktor, running an S4 has started to 'creep' forward, even when stopped.

Basically the thin red line denoting where the track is up to is slowly moving forward of its own accord, throwing the beats way out of time! This keeps happening even when i press play to stop the deck.

Ive got a gig tomorrow and really need some help on this if anyone has had anything like this before!

Any and all help appreciated!

Have you tried calibrating jogwheels?
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

yeah, its a temporary fix, but it seems to come back again after an hour or so. Im hoping its not something internal....

If you're using time-coded vinyl, check the grounding on the turntables to make sure that's all set.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Mostly to do with dust in your faders. my s4 wich is be used every weekend in open air on a beach, had the same problem with all faders and push buttons. My warranty is over so i decided to go all the way and put a bit of wd 40 in my faders, that did the trick even a bit of wd 40 in the push buttons that didn't function worked. Did this about 5 months ago and everything works perfect.

But first you can try blowing in to the fader that worked for me first, but temporarily.

At the end contact cleaner and dust cans didn't do the trick for me only wd 40, wich can be nasty stuff for electronics, so this advice has no warranty. But for me it worked.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Contact cleaner and white lithium grease might be better than WD-40. I've had WD-40 build up and make the faders even more gunky after some time back out in the open.
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I would check if that's tempo or pitch band mapping issue firstly. Can't see how this might got something to do with dirty faders

Ive had a fiddle and it seems to be something to do with the master tempo. It switchs to the metronome master tempo instead of the deck as the master if that makes sense?

It seems the deck is trying to catch up with the metronome master thingy (Im not very good with traktor terminology)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Have you check for double mappings?

Please don't put WD-40 on your faders. Get yourself some CaiLube or similar lube made for electronics.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast