Who's up for a challenge?

Default Who's up for a challenge?

Hello DJTT Family.

For the past few months I have been struggling to integrate l my hardware so that I can use it to the best of it's (and hopefully my own!) ability!I have had numerous technical issues in the past year, bu I feel/hope these are behind me and it's time to finally get things up and running!

I've been trying to figure the best way to set up my kit and mappings, but figured that you guys may have a better solution than I. So here's the challenge:

How would you use/integrate a:
    • Vestax VCI 400SE
    • Midi Fighter Classic
    • Midi Fighter Beatmasher Pro
    • Midi Fighter 3D
    • with Traktor Pro 2.5 (On Windows (yes, Windows!))

I try to be as creative as possible so the functions I'm really looking for are using the remix decks, cue jumping, and effects.

Think you can help/advise?

I would even be prepared to make a donation to the candidate/guru/tech god who gets me up and running.

Hit me up here, or send me an e-mail (jon@jon6oy.com) or tweet me (@jon6oy).

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks just for reading this thread, legend.

p.s If this post is in the wrong place, let me know and I'll relocate.

Very best regards,

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Every controller need to be mapped in different midi channel and also make sure that midi in/out ports are set to correct controller that corresponds to each of mapping.

Import first controller from big import button and add the rest from device menu.
    Last edited by Stewe; 10-06-2012 at 04:37 AM. Reason: "ports"

Cheers for the quick reply Steve.

I think I'm ok with getting the controllers imported, it's more a question of which mappings to use with each other. At the moment or example if I use the pro and classic on focus, because the shift button is the same on both mappings they follow each other when the deck focus is shifted. Make sense?

I'm not MF user so can't tell for sure what each ow this mapping does but if pro and classic are in separate generic devices then the modifiers are not suppose to mess between those two mappings.

I have looked at switching the modifiers, but its one if those things where to make a tiny change you have to alter large chunks of the mappi g. Kinda if hoping someone may have done something similar already as I'm a serious novic at mapping. What kit you using bro?

My setup is not much actually, got one Behringer bcd3000 and arcade button DIY controller but both with crazy mappings
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work on the arcade controller. How are you using it?

Thanks, it's still waiting to add LED's to each button. As you might dig, it's meant to control Instant Gratification effects (originally) but as all of my mappings evolute in time it got eleven pages of controls now. I have sacrificed one button (bottom right) which is now "master shift", what it does while on hold is to temporarily disengage all commands in current page and turn the rest of eleven buttons in to page selectors, then select any of pages and release shift - mapping stays in that layer which was selected. I use it mainly for instant effects, combos and plooper.

If I have MF you can bet that some mapping like this could already be on the internet.