Help with mapping S2 and Launchpad and adjusting priority on effects
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help with mapping S2 and Launchpad and adjusting priority on effects

Hello Everyone,

I was going through BeauBryte's Traktor S2 Controller Mapping and I do like it for the jog wheel effects and a few other little tidbits. Through using a powered USB hub, I'm also using a Novation Launchpad with JWil's mapping and I really like it for the Midifighter-esque Beatmasher layout and 8 Hot Cue and Sample pads.

The one major problem I'm having is that when I use the jog wheel effects, the parameters remain that way. So when it comes time to use the Beatmasher and other cool Gater effects, they're no longer there and become the other effects were played on the jog wheels.

My question is - Can I set priorities on these effects and be able to use both the S2 and Launchpad? I think the combination would make for a killer mobile controllerist setup.

I have attached my .tsi file for reference.

Thank you in advance if you could help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi mate, from your writings it sound like your launchpad mapping doesn't have effect selectors programed for each IG effect buttons and you need to add it from controller manager.

Ok, I did check tsi and it seems selectors are mapped in so that is not issue we are dealing here. You didn't say which version of traktor do you use. If it is 2.5 and above then you are missing "FX Store Preset" command which need to be mapped to all of FX on buttons in order to switch to programed parameter instantly with out needing to hit any of this buttons twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Ok, I did check tsi and it seems selectors are mapped in so that is not issue we are dealing here. You didn't say which version of traktor do you use. If it is 2.5 and above then you are missing "FX Store Preset" command which need to be mapped to all of FX on buttons in order to switch to programed parameter instantly with out needing to hit any of this buttons twice.
    Hi!

I'm currently using Traktor Pro 2.5. Will the FX Store Present command give priority to certain effects when using both the different controllers?

I think I'm going to sit down with the controller editor tonight and see if I can get to the bottom of this. Thank you again for taking a look.....

There is no effects priority between controllers tho. As long as they are all mapped in different MIDI channels and list of effects is in same order to both mappings you can consider it all like one big MIDI controller.

I was fiddling around with it again and my Cue for both decks weren't working either. I had to cue songs using the Hotcues instead.....I'm also not able to revert back to the JWil Launchpad mapping that acts as a Midifighter with the instant gratification map.
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Default Still can't the mapping right.....

If anyone can take a look at this mapping - I'm trying to map both my Traktor S2 and Launchpad (I like the LP for the 8 Hot Cues and Instant Grat effects from JWill's mapping from this site). However, once I imported the BeauBryte mapping for my S2 - the effects have all been changed and what not and there's no instant grat effects available, the cue buttons don't work on my S2, and the echo freeze on the LP doesn't work.

I've been going through the mappings myself but it's fairly confusing IllegalParty.tsi

Try importing S2 mapping without effects settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Try importing S2 mapping without effects settings.
    Thank you for the quick response! How about it I still want the jog wheel effects from BeauBryte's S2 mapping?
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Oh i forgot about jogFX there... Well you might need to re-arrange order in the list of effects or effect selectors in mapping. First make sure the both mappings are sharing the same order in list of effects and then edit one of mappings. Import BeauBryte's mapping and go preferences > effects and capture effect order then import launchpad IG and edit list in same order, then dig into IG map and edit effect selectors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast