Lower End Soundcards that still pack a punch - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I would look at the Indigo iDJx
    +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tech Wizard

honestly I would love to on and buy the audio 8 dj or even settle with the indigo djx but I really just don't have the cash for it. I don't have a job as I'm still a student and my dad would probably kick my ass and tell me to get something cheapo soundcard made in china haha
    yeah so I think the most I can do is buy something cheaper and upgrade after landing a few small gigs then go in and spend for something with a little more power. I just wanna know more about good soundcards under $100 that can keep me satisfied for now even though I'm asking for trouble because I know it won't be highest quality. Any other suggestions? Anyone know if the behringer ones i mentioned earlier can suffice? what about those 5.1 stero sound cards. I just need need it not to be super shitty...average is fine for now. I'm thinking about that second hand gigaport but I wanna know about my other options first.

did you even look at that Indigo iDJx option ? that will keep you going for ages and doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

Tech Wizard

yeah i checked it out the site i looked at said it was around $220

*I checked it again and i saw one for $195 so yeaa*

i really like it though :S
    Last edited by kevzzz; 06-29-2009 at 05:27 AM.

Despite what people will say,

There's loads of bog standard surround sound cards that can do the job if you have access to a mixer and can use that to do your monitoring levels and split/cue'ing etc.
    I've used a creative soundblaster USB 24bit 5.1 card before and its totally fine.

Remember that the sound card is only one part of a long chain through which the audio travels, including the mixer/crossover/amp/speakers.

And remember that virtually all audio is currently recorded and sampled at 16bit /44.1 khz, so you don't have to worry too much about 24bit/96khz as a DJ, unless you also produce, and want a perfect copy for your archive.

So.. find a surround sound card, and use traktor to separate out the channels to each deck.

Sometimes I've found traktor can't see all the channels, but you can easily get around this by using something like asio4all.

Tech Wizard

thanks man exactly what i was hoping someone would say because i just something that gets the job done.

do you have any suggestions on which surround sound cards are best? was the creative x-fi one fine?

would it work too if it isnt a surround sound card but something like the behinger UCA 222 and so on?

get a regular vci-100 and spend more money on a decent soundcard.

The behinger UCA 222 won't work. Although it says its 2 in 2 in, thats just ONE stereo pair.. so thats no good.

You need a card that has at least 2 stereo outs.

This is what I've used before and had no issues with at all;-

http://www.soundblaster.com/products...&product=10702

Then you can either set traktor to internal mixer and have a master out and headphone out, or go external mixer and have up to 3 decks out via the 5.1 sockets on the back.

The soundblaster card lasted me a good 2 years before I upgraded to a pro card.. so it should do you fine for a while. Much more durable than it appeared (I gig ALOT).
    Last edited by djmoonie; 06-29-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Tech Wizard

i owe you one thanks man!

Tech Wizard

just out of curiosity do you know of anything similar that would work as well?
    otherwise i might just settle for this...if i can find it where I am (Philippines = hard to find dj gear)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast