I'm a complete newcomer... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

bouth the NS6 and DDJ SX can work as standalone mixers so so if you have an mp3 player or smartphone you can conect it to one othe the 4 channels in case of laptop crass just switch the input select to line and you can run your music from mp3 player while your rebooth your laptop.
    And the Aero dos not requier a internet connection it runs on it's own wirless network and can also run frum USB drive alone.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Wizard

hmmm interesting! So which would you recommend dj gullum? Can you use a usb drive to load sonngs onto the ns6 or ddj sx?

no you can't use a USB drive but any mp3 player can be connected through one of the rca conection on the back. I'm getting the DDJ SX my self and map it to Traktor Pro witch is my software of choise. The NS6 is also a grate controller and a tiny bit smaller then the SX and it's been on the marked for over a year now so it's tested and looks to be a solid controller. I chose the XS mainly for the extra controls it has I like big pads and VU meters for each chanel, better controls of the FX section, indivitual load buttons and filter knobs.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Wizard

Still undecided ha

this is a great controller for $599 :

Tech Wizard

cheers, just seen a review that put me off it though, mentioned alot more negative than positives. They said it was good but not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    cheers, just seen a review that put me off it though, mentioned alot more negative than positives. They said it was good but not great.
    what review? I would like to see it. This controller is Boss (as you can see in the video).

>

here's a quote for you from the DJTT review: "With arguably superior sound, nicer jog wheels, and a price of $300 less, the Terminal Mix 4 might be an even better buy than the S4… once the software support catches up."

TM4 is $599 + $89 (Full Traktor PRO 2) = $688

the top-rated NI Kontrol S4 is $899 and includes Traktor PRO 2.

TRANSLATION: S4 killer for $688

>
    Last edited by loverocket; 10-08-2012 at 02:23 PM.

you have two main choices....analog (cdj/turntable/mixer) or digital (controllers)....pick one and dont look back.

analog's learning curve is alot higher. if you want something quick and easy to learn go with controllers. because to most people at regular clubs they dont care how u mix, u can sync button all day on the controller and they dont care as long as ur song selection is good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast