Headphones not working with traktor
    Tech Mentor

Default Headphones not working with traktor

I'm currently using traktor 2.5 with a Denon Mc3000, I have the Denon driver installed and everything. However, I can't use my headphones, as when I press cue the sound is still coming out from my speakers.

My speakers are connected to my comp, not my controller, so for audio in traktor I have it set to ASIO. I can't connect my speakers to my controller as

1) i have no idea how
    2) i've plugged my speaker cord into a phone jack and into the MASTER OUT socket L and tried R (on the back of my controller) but no sound comes out. I did this with switching the audio from ASIO to the denon soundcard audio, still no sound

When i change my audio from ASIO to the denon audio driver, with my speakers still connected to my comp, no audio comes out.

I tried connecting my headphones to my speakers whilst connected to the comp, nothing happens.

EDIT:

Also, does anyone have a problem where traktor just randomly stops responding? Seems like a big deal considering you never ever want this to happen..
    Last edited by DemiAlex; 10-07-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Have you checked your output routing.

I've had instances where my monitor routing has been de-assigned, which stops headphones working. I think it happened after updating to 2.5

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    Have you checked your output routing.

I've had instances where my monitor routing has been de-assigned, which stops headphones working. I think it happened after updating to 2.5

What's my output routing supposed to be at?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I tried connecting my headphones to my speakers whilst connected to the comp, nothing happens.
    huh ? Why on earth would you connect your headphones to your speakers ?

I can't connect my speakers to my controller as

1) i have no idea how
    There is only 2 outputs on the controller
    Master out > speakers.
    Headphone out > headphones.

I'm also 99% sure thats covered in the Denon manual
    with my speakers still connected to my comp, no audio comes out.
    There's your problem right there i'm guessing ... your speakers should be connected to the denon.

Master RCA on the back of the Denon > Speakers
    Headphone on Denon to your headphones.

Denon selected as the sound card in Traktor audio setup .. then select the output routing, output master as something like ch1/ch2 and output monitor as something like ch3/ch4 or vice versa (I have no idea what the ouputs on a denon are called).

Are you sure you have correct cables to connect the Denon to your speakers ?

I'm sure that the audio routing setup is covered in the traktor manual along with lots of other useful stuff
    Last edited by deevey; 10-08-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    huh ? Why on earth would you connect your headphones to your speakers ?

There is only 2 outputs on the controller
    Master out > speakers.
    Headphone out > headphones.

I'm also 99% sure thats covered in the Denon manual

There's your problem right there i'm guessing ... your speakers should be connected to the denon.

Master RCA on the back of the Denon > Speakers
    Headphone on Denon to your headphones.

Denon selected as the sound card in Traktor audio setup .. then select the output routing, output master as something like ch1/ch2 and output monitor as something like ch3/ch4 or vice versa (I have no idea what the ouputs on a denon are called).

Are you sure you have correct cables to connect the Denon to your speakers ?

I'm sure that the audio routing setup is covered in the traktor manual along with lots of other useful stuff
    I've tried plugging my speakers into the master out L and then master out R, changed audio settings to the Denon ASIO driver, checked the output monitor and it's 3/4 with master being 1/2 and still no sound comes out.

You've pressed the 'cue' buttons underneath the EQ's, right?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    You've pressed the 'cue' buttons underneath the EQ's, right?
    Yep.

No sound comes out from my speakers and my headphones. On the denon manual it says I need an adapter? a TRS balanced cable to a power amplifier which connects to the speakers?

If you don't have powered speakers you need to plug them into an amp.

You should connect your controller to your computer via usb. The speakers should be plugged into the master outs. There's two sets of master outs, balanced and unbalanced. Pick one or the other.

When you say you try connecting your speaker cable into master L and then master R, are you saying you only have one speaker cable and not a right and a left? If that is the case, you probably need a splitter for that cable.

Here's a link to to a giant picture of the controller:
    http://www.otaiweb.com/syosaipic/denon/mc3000_3.jpg

As deevey said, master out L to left speaker, master out R to right speaker. Headphones out > headphones. Within traktor, you should just select the mc3000 as your sound card.
    nope.

Tech Mentor

This is basic MIDi controller with built in soundcard 101

1. A controller is used to "control" what is on the screen in the program. Hit play on deck A on the controller and deck A on your screen will play because that button is mapped to control the play command. Virtually any button, knob, slider can be mapped to control any function on any deck, it only controls what th mapping says.

2. Built in soundcards in controllers would be the same thing as having an external soundcard connected through USB or firewire. It is used in place of the soundcard built into your computer. Traktor can only use 1 soundcard at a time. If Traktor is set to use the controller soundcard and you plug your headphones into the headphone jack of your computer, you will hear nothing. If your speakers are plugged into the back of your computer which is the built in soundcard in your computer, you will hear nothing. You need to do 1 of 2 things. You need to either change the setting in traktor to the built in computer soundcard to give you audio and route the audio to the speakers and to the headphones if thast even possible depending on the outputs of the built in computer soundcard. OR you need to use the controller soundcard and route the audio to the main out for audio to come out of the maun output of the controller soundcard and then route the monitor output for audio to get to your headphones. This is all in the traktor audio set up.