Soundcard : M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Soundcard : M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Anyone using this card ? How is the sound quality? I've heard that the output isn't really loud...is it true? Any drivers uses on mac? How is the latency? And mast question : what are the dimensions (wasn't able to find the information anywhere)
    thanks in advance !

i'm using it about an year and it never let me down!the sound qality is wery good,yes the outputs are a little low but when you gain up the club mixer there is no problem,the earphones out is loud enough,i hawe it setted at the almost minimum buffer(256) and the latency is on 5,5ms(Win Xp) and no poping or clicking.Dimensions:19x4,5x14cm 0,2 kg

Default Fast Track Pro

Using it for the last 3 months.
    I've set it on 128 samples -> 2.5ms in Traktor and runs smoothly on a (bit tweaked)windows xp @ laptop hp compaq nx7300 (Celeron M 1.8GHz/1GB DDR2)
    Ground loops: I guess the card isn't made to isolate USB power from audio out(if that is even possible to engeneer in this price range). If you encounter some humming, try to connect the ext. power adapter(wall wart). That probably won’t stop the audio-hum until you cut the GND and +5V on the usb cable.
    It is "vulnerable" to the noise(some say via GND) that is comming BACK FROM the amp if the amp or power line that is amp connected-to tends to be problematic/noisy.
    Problem is beeing discussed in this forum thread.

Good soundcard but not for the people that want the hardware which "just works".
    Last edited by ToS; 04-06-2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typos
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

I really liked my FTP when i had one.

I used it for djDecks running 2 decks of TC vinyl into it - one through the analog in, and one through the digital input (throught an analog to digital s/pdif convertor).

Latency was really good through the asio4all drivers.

i also used it with guitar rig, and had good results.

over all i thought it was a good card for the price. I recently got rid of it when i got my Audio 8 dj / Scratch bundle - didn't need more than one soundcard in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by corporation View Post
    I used it for djDecks running 2 decks of TC vinyl into it - one through the analog in, and one through the digital input (throught an analog to digital s/pdif convertor).
    this type of convertor exists ? you can convert digital straight to rca ? where can i find such a thing ??

i have never had any problems with mine on a macbookpro 2.4 w/ 2 gigs. I actually one side out to the kaoss pad to use the beat looper and grain effects for drums and the output is only slightly lower than my other interfaces. That is a quik fix with the trim knob on the kaoss pad. I have never had any problems with drivers. I did however upgrade to the firewire 410 because of the software mixer and being able to send differant channels to the kaoss pad as a send/return. Any other interfaces you are considering?

I'm also considering getting an echo audiofire 2, because it's firewire, much smaller, better build, and 50 € cheaper...But i'm a little concerned about the mini-jack headphone output...And the m audio fast track pro also has mic and instrument inputs that could be usefull someday.
    So I haven't made up my mind yet...

Tech Convert

From what I've been reading about, Behringer F-Control FCA202 looks like an affordable alternative...(Firewire, around $80US, 2in 2out...)
    Anyone used one before?

it's a thread about the m audio fast track pro, so if you want to talk about an another soundcard, jsut create a new thread

Tech Convert

Sorry...
    I'll start a new thread like you mentioned...
    thanx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast