Stuff that sounds like
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Stuff that sounds like

Hey guys.

So I just recorded a submission to AntiFM Radio to be a regular DJ there. I'm kind of getting sick of the scene I'm in and I want to try my hand at something new for a little bit.

I know that this website caters much more to popular dance music than what I am used to, but I want to force feed people things that I like along with the more accessible music. So what does that mean? It means I need more music (yay spending money!)

So, here's where I want to start. Here are a list of bands that I really think anyone could get into, but I need stuff like it. Please point me in the right direction.

[X]-RX
    Memmaker
    This Morn Omina
    Radioactive Sandwich
    Audio Organism

I think that's a good place to start. I'll put up the mix that I recorded when I get access to my personal e-mail.

Thanks ahead of time!
    J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Most of the times I try to look at what last.fm points me too, or what beatport also recommends.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Yeah, but Beatport doesn't have this stuff so I can't get reference from it. I haven't tried Last.FM, but I've had bad luck as far as linking underground electronica with more accessible shit.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Well, I tend to try the "buyer's who bought this also bought" links frequently on Beatport.

And last.fm has big "sounds like" libraries.

(Doesn't work on all music genres tho'. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

yeah. My issue with Last.FM is when I do "Sounds Like" I get a whole slew of bands I know cause they are all in the same scene. I'm trying to find the linked stuff that branches into hard house/tech house or whatever the fuckin genre is called (cause I have no idea). I haven't tried Beatport yet, but I don't know if it'll have this stuff.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hmm you sure beatport dosnt have anything that sounds like that? Might just want to browse random top songs in that genre and see what you can find. other then that i think you might be sol....try askin around on other forums
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Yeah, that's the plan right now. I wasn't sure about Beatport, but I've been poking around at work and found a few things. I'll see what I can dig up and put together.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Pandora is usually really good for seeing these kinds of associations.
    www.pandora.com

I heared some guys talking about Pandora... completely forgot about that one.

But if you want to look into techhouse, I might be able to help out a little bit.

I will definitely check it out. First I need to do some crazy mixing
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast